Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6 problems on MacBookPro

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. I work with my NEW  Macbookpro, macOS High Sierra 10.13.5, and

i ve just updated Lightroom 6.5 . On my MAC it works without any problem.

On my Macbook it always stops working few minutes or after some hours showing me this:

Process:               Adobe Lightroom [706]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe Lightroom/Adobe Lightroom.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Lightroom

Identifier:            com.adobe.Lightroom6

Version:               Adobe Lightroom [1067055] (6.5)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Adobe Lightroom [706]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2018-06-14 22:26:50.019 +0200

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.13.5 (17F77)

Report Version:        12

Bridge OS Version:     3.0 (14Y664)

Anonymous UUID:        B9FE9028-B963-056E-5CFB-BDC229C067A4

Time Awake Since Boot: 3600 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        7  Dispatch queue: AgWFModelsThread.lua

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

After this IT CAN t BE STARTED AGAIN !!!!!! I always have to restart the Macbook and try again and again, sometimes it works for a while, sometimes not...

WTF?!?!

Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to 6.14. Version 6.5 is not compatible with High Sierra. Download Photoshop Lightroom

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI I did update to 6.14.

PROBLEM NOW : I can t work with my ORF   Pics from my Olympus pen f camera anymore...says: the files can t be recognized by the RAW program...

It worked before....??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you really update? Not reinstall? A new version of Lightroom should recognise all the raw formats that an older version does. Lightroom 6.5 supports the Pen F and so does 6.14.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I tried to update to 6.14 but it says

Lightroom 6.14

Update is not applicable. Error Code: U44M2P28

Any solution to this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you update? You must download the updater and install it manually. Download Photoshop Lightroom

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick Google shows that many people solved this update problem by uninstalling LR 6 entirely, reinstalling LR 6, entering the license key if necessary, and then updating to LR 6.14: https://www.google.com/search?q=lightroom+Update+is+not+applicable.+Error+Code%3A+U44M2P28&oq=lightr...

A number of those threads have details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known problem with the 6.x updater where it will pretend it successfully updated to 6.14 but will actually have downgraded your installation to 6.0. Only working solution that works in all cases is to download creative cloud cleaner (Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems)) , completely clean Lightroom, and then reinstall from scratch and update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Is this for Creative Cloud users only? I checked the instructions but I dont have Creative Cloud, just LR...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will uninstall everything Adobe. This includes older Lightroom versions before CC. After you clean your old installation, you download the application installer and 6.14 update direct from Adobe and install: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe provides such a crappy customer support, can't wait until competition takes over with a user centric service. Thanks to the ones that posted on this forum, but I don't have the time to troubleshoot and experiment so many random workarounds...! I need an official solution from LR Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I need an official solution from LR Adobe!

Unfortunately, it's not likely you'll get a better answer from Adobe support. Years of experience has shown that the answers provided via these forums are generally superior to that provided by Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines