• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 4 reinstallation

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using a Lightroom 4 (Student Edition) for 7 years without any issue until I updated my Macbook lately that caused problems with my Lightroom program. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling my Lightroom 4 (Student Edition). However I have problem with the reinstallation, I think I reinstalled the wrong version of Lightroom because I could not find a place where I could enter the Serial number. I have done some research on how to activate serial number and it was stated to  "logout" from the help menu and log back in. I followed the instruction and clicked on " license this software" however, I got a result "No Subscription found"

1.  Does my account is part of the issue as well that's why I got the error "No Subscription found"?

2.  If so, I don't remember what account I used to activate my Lightroom 4     7 years ago,

3.   could I activate my Lightroom 4 (Student Edition) serial number to my new account? If so, how?

4. Can you give me the correct link to install the Lightroom 4 (Student Edition)?

Note: Due to the above issue I am experiencing, I end up installing  2 different types of Lightroom on my computer, do you recommend to uninstall my 2 types of lightroom on my computer first before installing the Lightroom 4 (Student Edition)?

Please help me with these.... it's been 3 weeks I've been trying to find Lightroom support but could'nt find one. When I clicked support from the Adobe website, it will automatically take me to the forum community.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

See this similar thread:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2388164

There is a link for LR4.4.1

I don’t know whether it still works but you could give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, What Mac OS are you using now?

There are probably issues with 10.13 and the older version of Lightroom. You can easily check compatibility with one of my favorite Lightroom Authors, Victoria Brampton's site.

Here is a link:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-high-sierra-compatibility/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a High Sierra Version 10.13.4 ---- my Lightroom 4 works with the 10.13 version but sometimes it crashed that's why I ended up uninstalling it on my computer. However, I would like to install the Lightroom 4 again, but I am not sure where to get the link to install the Lightroom 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this similar thread:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2388164

There is a link for LR4.4.1

I don’t know whether it still works but you could give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I can edit photos in Lightroom now and connect it to the Photoshop CS6.  The Lightroom 4 that I just installed still quits unexpectedly when I click on the app, however I won't have this issue if I hold the "shift" + "option" key button while clicking on the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines