• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 is crashing while launching

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Lightroom 6 (box version) and after installation and placing series number I wanted to start to use it. Every time when I try to open the program, it's crashing, even I close it an reopen it about 30 times already!

Basic info about my laptop:

Processor: Intel (R) Celeron(R) CPU N2840 @2.16GHz 2.16GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB

Windows 10 - 64 bits

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail), rdzeń: 400-755.6 MHz, 10.18.10.3408

What should I do about it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Hi Haddas,

Sorry that Lightroom 6 is crashing while launching.

Could you please check that the app is updated to the latest version 6.14? Here's a direct link for Windows OS: http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/win/AdobeLightroom-6.0/6.14/setup.zip

Also, disable the GPU usage in Lightroom as mentioned in the instructions here under the heading "Manually disable the graphics processor" : Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Haddas,

Sorry that Lightroom 6 is crashing while launching.

Could you please check that the app is updated to the latest version 6.14? Here's a direct link for Windows OS: http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/aam20/win/AdobeLightroom-6.0/6.14/setup.zip

Also, disable the GPU usage in Lightroom as mentioned in the instructions here under the heading "Manually disable the graphics processor" : Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that link with checking the latest update but when I run the app it says that it's impossible to run it (it says that it is maybe damaged) and if this problem keeps appearing I should contact with Adobe support. I tried to run this program 3 times so far.

Namnlös.jpg

I'm sorry print screen is in Swedish

I wanted to disable also the graphics processor as the instruction says: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming... but after opening the file Roaming only "Microsoft" file appear, there is no "Adobe" file to keep going the path from instruction...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom. We need the version NUMBER and not words like "up-to-date" or "latest".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't use words like "up-to-date" or "latest". I bought box version and I have installed it from the DVD, there is no info on the box what version it is! Just the info that it is Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then definitely update to 6.14 (it's free since you already have LR 6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so now typical "blonde" girl question - How?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link was already provided above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the link above doesn't work properly, as I showed on print screen, it says that program is "maybe damage" and if the problem keeps appearing I should contact with support...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No screen capture is shown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Namnlös.jpg

It is in Swedish, and I see it on both my computers, but I add it again. The message says that Adobe Application Manager is damaged. Find and install new Adobe Application Manager. Contact Support if a problem keeps appearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps Akash Sharma​ (or Google) can provide the proper link to download the Adobe Application Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, somehow I managed to update finally my Lightroom and it's working now. Thank you all for advice and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines