• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desperate need of help with LR and PS color differences.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I have scoured the forums (and Google) in hopes to fix this issue and no luck.

Workflow:

I apply a preset to all my photos after importing into LR

Make ALL color adjustments/corrections to final selection in LR develop module

Open final selection photos in PS ONLY for clone/clean-up purposes. I rarely further color correct in PS

Upon opening in PS via Edit in Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 from LR, the colors are immediately off.

PS seems to add way more contrast, and tint green. This is killer when I'm photographing people/skin tones in sunlight.

Here is an example:

LR PS sideby.JPG

On the left (LR) is what I edited for. On the right (PS) my pink tint is gone leaving the woman looking yellow and the overall contrast has gone up.

It's not just a viewing difference, when I save as a .TIFF back into LR, the .TIFF version looks off (like in PS) while viewing in LR! This difference stays the same when exporting both .TIFF and .CR2 versions as well as printing.

color spaces.JPG

Edit: The Unsynchronized message on my Photoshop Color Settings doesn't seem to matter. I was having the same issue when it was listed as Synchronized, even though PS was working with North America General Purpose 2, sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and my LR settings were telling it to work in ProPhoto RGB (weird). I've "sync'd" them via Bridge and nothing changed/happend

I have:

- Ensured same color space/profile between the two programs (I have also tried every combination).

- Checked for corrupt monitor calibration by using a different default profile (still have the issue)

- Tried every option that's available so far on this issue that I could find

I calibrate with Spyder5 Pro, datacolor

Monitor is a ASUS VP239H recognized as a Generic PnP Monitor driven by a GTX 1070

Most updated Photoshop

2015 Lightroom CC. Lightroom CC Classic would not convert my catalogs to the newer ones so I couldn't use them.

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

The updating service can be flakey, and sometimes there are updates, even if the CC desktop app or the individual programs say there are none.

So please tell us the exact versions of Lightroom and the Camera Raw plugin for Photoshop.

In Lightroom, go to Help > About Lightroom, in Photoshop go to Help > About Plugins > Camera Raw.

I had the exact same problem as you some time ago, and it was fixed by updating the Camera Raw plugin to a version that matched the built-in Camera Raw in Lightroom.

If you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post another screenshots.

How to fix the color difference between lightroom and Photoshop? - Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cr2 file.png

tiff PS file.png

CR2 file edited in LR with a RGB of (253, 178, 126)

Tiff file from opening in PS RGB of (253, 184, 110) which is much more yellow tone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post another screenshots taken in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like the camera profile mismatch happening when ACR and Lightroom are not in version sync. This normally wouldn't be an issue, but the profiles were reworked between ACR 10.2 and 10.3 / Lightroom 7.2 and 7.3, which means that when the file is passed from Lightroom to ACR for opening into Photoshop, the wrong profile is used.

Normally a color difference between Lr / PS means a defective monitor profile. But if you've ruled that out, it has to be the camera profile mismatch.

The color settings and document profiles are irrelevant here. There is a widespread myth that Lightroom and Photoshop color settings have to "match", which is totally unfounded. There's no particular reason they should match. The profile coming out of Lightroom will be used in Photoshop - but even if it wasn't, the data would be converted and displayed correctly either way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how I would remedy this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Creative Cloud app and see if there is an update available for Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is all up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you're using Lightroom CC 2015, so Lightroom is not up to date. That's your problem.

If you insist on using an old Lightroom version, you also need to downgrade ACR to the same/corresponding version level. Otherwise you get various inconsistencies and incompatibilities.

Lightroom and ACR have to be at corresponding versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updating service can be flakey, and sometimes there are updates, even if the CC desktop app or the individual programs say there are none.

So please tell us the exact versions of Lightroom and the Camera Raw plugin for Photoshop.

In Lightroom, go to Help > About Lightroom, in Photoshop go to Help > About Plugins > Camera Raw.

I had the exact same problem as you some time ago, and it was fixed by updating the Camera Raw plugin to a version that matched the built-in Camera Raw in Lightroom.

If you have Lightroom Classic 7.4, the Camera Raw plugin needs to be version 10.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you and thanks to D Fosse.

I updated to the latest Lightroom and it seems to be ok now.

Personally I think it's still SLIGHTLY different but negligible for prints, edits, etc.

Thank you all so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines