• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro keeps freezing during export

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just updated CC and no all of the sudden Premiere freezes every time I export a project. And always at 82%. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps check disk space. Also you may want to try building it to your desktop to see if keeping it on a local drive helps. Maybe see if there are administrator sign in issues. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plenty of disk space, and I even cleared a bunch more just in case.  I always export to my desktop.  No administrator issues I can see.  This is a brand new issue, after 8 years using Adobe.  It's got me stumped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve now uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere. Now the export is freezing at 74%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jonathan Hoyt,

I would suspect that something in your timeline is corrupt around the area that you're failing on. Can you delete any preview files and/or the clip at that location to see if you can be clear of the issue?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having The same problem it will freeze near the end of the export and my computer will be stuck like that forcing me to unplug it after an hour so not very happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

So I was on the phone with Adobe a few months back troubleshooting a similar issue in lightroom. The tech guy I was talking to didn't have the answer for hours after running a bunch of tests. Eventually he spoke to some other tech guys and called me back. He asked me if my media was stored on my hard drive or was it cloud based storage like dropbox. I told him I kept my photos on one drive and creative cloud so I can edit from the 2 comps I have. He told me that when you import files from cloud based storage it can make the program freeze. He said to keep RAW files on the hard drive and export to the cloud. I moved my files, located the media in Lightroom and everything was back to normal.

I did so and everything worked.

The moral of the story is that it's not a known issue even in the realms of the tech guys. And now I'm having similar issues with Premiere pro. I'm wondering if anyone knows about not being able to export because your media is on the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing markers from timeline? This is a new issue in 14.0.1 prem pro, and specifically when you start to export (at 0%) but maybe the same issue/fix for you?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this solve, Pat! Removing markers from the timeline worked for me! Found this after struggling for several hours. Very relieved to have things working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! Logged in just to say that removing markers from the timeline worked for me as well. No logic or idea why this helps, but try this if your computer freezes during export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran into this issue and clearing the markers worked as well!!! Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In export make sure the "Source Range" at the bottom of the export settings page is set to "entire sequence" oppose to in/out it just totally worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. There seem to be a bug in premiere when exporing In Out. They should fix it, its very annoying and for a software like this, this issue should have been resolved long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was facing the same issue with my encoding stopping at 13%. Changed from In-Out to Entire Source in the export window and the problem fixed itself. Doesn't make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines