• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC - develop pannels get black - must quit + restart?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Lightroom Classic CC to version 7.4, after  exporting or importing 2 or 3 times pictures, the side pannels (library module + development module) get black

I have to restart the program - loss of time

I'm using OS X EL Capitan 10.11.6

on a Mac Pro 2009

2x2,26 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

memory: 32 Go 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3072 Mo

Is this a hard ware problem? How could it be solved?

Thank for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

LR is tripping over a bug in Macos 10.11. The only reliable solution is to upgrade to 10.12 or 10.13 and upgrade to LR Classic (LR 7).  See Adobe's official reply in the bug report: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-2015-7-in-macos-sierra-bugs?topic-r...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philippem23599693,

Sorry that the develop panels go black while importing or exporting images in Lightroom Classic CC 7.4.

Could you please try importing images with the GPU disabled in Lightroom? Uncheck "use graphics processor" under Preferences> Performance menu in Lightroom. Refer the screenshot below for reference and this article for details: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Lightroom GPU troubleshooting

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Akash

thank you for your message

I did as you suggested; uncheckd « use graphic processor »

but the same happened again: black side panels when I supressed a folder containing +/- 50 pictures from Lightroom Library

No access to side panels, they get black

I have to quit and restart Lightrrom - and wait for it happen again after a while…

Is it due to my graphic processor?

This did not happen before updating Lightroom classic CC to last version a few days ago

Thanks for your ideas and help

best

Philippe Matsas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phillippe,

Does pressing the "Tab" key switches the side panels back to its expected look?

Also, please check out the comments mentioned in this discussion as this problem used to be a bug in Lightroom 6/CC few version back but it has now been fixed: Lightroom 2015.7+: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop | Photoshop Family Customer ...

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Akash

pressing the « Tab » key removes the side panels, but when they get back they are black

changing from Develop to Library Grid by pressing B then G doesn’t help either

the only that helps is pressing the « Yellow button » (between red and green button in the upper right corner)

to put Lightroom in the dock it reappears ok, but it doesn’t last - the black panels do reappear quickly and I have to restart Lightroom

My computer expert told me to not to update EL CAPITAN 10.11.6 to High SIERRA because this causes trouble

actually I did upgrade to High SIERRA once and it made the whole system collapse….

I had to reinstall all programs from scratch

What do you suggest?

Philippe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR is tripping over a bug in Macos 10.11. The only reliable solution is to upgrade to 10.12 or 10.13 and upgrade to LR Classic (LR 7).  See Adobe's official reply in the bug report: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-2015-7-in-macos-sierra-bugs?topic-r...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines