• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Classic Crashing

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't install Lightroom as a domain user even though I have administrative permissions.  I installed it from an administrator account and now it crashes in numerous scenarios.  I cannot import photos because it doesn't believe I have permission to access the network drive where I store my photos (I've confirmed that I do).  None of these problems occurred prior to a few updates ago.  Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service​ community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you are moving this question.  It happens with Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't install Lightroom as a domain user even though I have administrative permissions.

Why not? What was preventing you from installing Lightroom? What was the exact word-for-word error message?

I installed it from an administrator account and now it crashes in numerous scenarios.

Be specific. What scenarios???

I cannot import photos because it doesn't believe I have permission to access the network drive where I store my photos (I've confirmed that I do).

What exact word-for-word error messages do you get?

Also, in addition to the above questions, please state the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom. We need the NUMBER and not words like "latest".

Also, in addition to the above questions, please state the exact version NUMBER of your operating system. We need the NUMBER and not words like "latest".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I install the program, I get the following message:

Lightroom cannot create a catalog named “Lightroom Catalog” on network volume \\xxx.com\xxx Namespace\”.

This is due to the fact that I’m in an Active Directory domain and my documents drive is mapped to a dfs network drive pointing to a dfs namespace.  I click OK on the above error message and then open my catalog that is stored on the C: drive.  I also check the box that says check the integrity of the catalog.  The catalog opens and I can navigate through my pictures.  If I try to edit a picture (e.g. change the exposure setting, the screen goes blank and the waiting icon appears and eventually a dialog box comes up saying the program is not responding.  If I just leave the program open in the library module after a period of time the import dialog box will come up.  I have also had the program crash intermittently and ask to send a crash report to Adobe which I do.  Also, I am not able to Copy As DNG file.  The program just sits there without an error message until I terminate the input by clicking the little X on the progress bar.

I am running the following versions:

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 release Camera Raw 10.4

Windows 10 Professional Version 1803

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines