• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing RAW files from Nikon D7500

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 3 on a Mac running OS 10.9.5.  How do I upgrade or make changes in order to import RAW (NEF) files from a Nikon D7500.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

You need to upgrade to Lightroom 6 or Lightroom Classic CC (which is also called LR 7), and upgrade your computer's operating system to OSX 10.11 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to upgrade to Lightroom 6 or Lightroom Classic CC (which is also called LR 7), and upgrade your computer's operating system to OSX 10.11 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6 and can not open NEF files from D7500? Please help.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to upgrade to LR 6.12 at least.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks .... but can i upgrade???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6, which is the last standalone version, is still available for purchase. Here is a link:

Adobe Checkout

After you indicate that you want to purchase an upgrade the price will change. After you download and install the main program, you will need to install the final update which was Lightroom 6 .14. It can be downloaded from the following website:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Scroll down the page until you see ">Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6". It doesn't look like a link, but click on it anyway. There is where you will be able to download the update. You only need to download the final update because it will be cumulative.

Take note that Lightroom 6 is an end-of-life program. It is not being updated anymore. When new cameras are introduced there will be no support for them. The only way you would be able to have support for the raw files for a new camera would be to use the free DNG converter (the standalone converter) and convert the raw files first and then import them. I recall reading somewhere that the upcoming Mac OS upgrade will not support Lightroom 6, but I cannot confirm that.

In my opinion, a reasonable alternative would be to subscribe to the Creative Cloud photography plan that provides you with Lightroom Classic CC as well as Photoshop CC. These programs are continually being updated with new features and support for new cameras. They are subscription-based. The cost is $9.99/month in the US. Please don't come back with the argument about not wanting to "rent" software. It's an old argument that we're tired of hearing. If you don't want to do that, then don't. It has proven to be extremely successful for Adobe. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have Lr 6, you are eligible to upgrade up to 6.14 which is the last version of the perpetual Lr license.

If you need further camera support, you need to pass via the free DNG converter or you need to change to Lr Classic CC, which is only available via subscription. The subscription includes Photoshop thus the Photographer's plan is a bargain.

In the meantime Lr added some nice additional features, but for the moment there is no urgent need to upgrade from Lr 6.X to Lr Classic CC. You will, however, find out, that as soon as you acquire a new unsupported camera, it will be hell more practical using Lr Classic CC than the DNG-work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops! I didn't see your post what you mentioned that you already had Lightroom 6. Just install the update, and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i already have LR6. So, if i go to updates and update LR it should work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to bouth of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stanew12968399  wrote

Yes, i already have LR6. So, if i go to updates and update LR it should work?

Yes, go to that link and download and install the 6.14 update. That was the final update for Lightroom 6, and will be a cumulative update that includes all updates. You will then have support for the D7500.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated LR6 to 6.14  but now when i open LR there is indicated that i have cc2015 version?! How come?

Tnx for info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look if you have dehaze? That was later added to the CC variant, but not activated for the 6.X variant. If so, you have the subscription version of Lr (even that CC 2015.14 never was published, the binaries are the same and only the license type makes one product or the other). As long as it doesn't say you are using the trial version you're ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, i hope that it will be ok, cause i don't need/want to have the newest version of LR CC and to pay subscription every month. I used to work with PS and just recently bought LR6 and eventualy will start using it.

Tnx. S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your Adobe Id account and look into what you have. If there is the Photographer’s plan, you have a problem. Cancel it.

You should contact Adobe via chat (that works fine, I did it this afternoon). Adobe looks into your account and tells you what program you have.

I’m sure you have Lr 6.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, i will do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at my Adobe ID and there is indicated that i have free CC membership. Is that ok?

Tnx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks ok for me. The free CC membership is ok, as it is free. If I’m well informed it comes with 2Gb of cloud space. If you want an Adobe employee to check your account, feel free to contact Adobe via chat. Works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines