Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disappeared toolbar text and dialog boxes text and crashing preferences

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have this problem only on my desktop where texts from my dialog box and toolbar are missing. When i tried to troubleshoot by opening the preference option under edit my adobe also crashes without any error message. Below are 2 images that shows this bug. I tried downloading the cleaner which removes all related adobe files as well as downloading a new adobe reader program from the official website but this problem still persist. Therefore, i hope to find a solution to this problem as i do need this urgently to study for my upcoming test and exams. Hope anyone have a workable solution for this problem.

Regards.

P.S : I have tried the following solution that is already in the forum but however the problem is still not solved.

1. I tried downloading the cleaner, run it and when it's cleaning the reader half way, the cleaner just hangs and refuses to complete the task even though the reader is actually deleted so i assumed they did not fully clean out the registry that contains the adobe reader.

2. I tried checking for update and i am already using the latest adobe reader DC.

3. I tried repairing the problem via control panel and the app itself.

4. I tried changing the compatibility of the problem to windows 7/8.

5. I tried running as administrator.

adobe bug 1.PNGadobe bug 2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Angelicblues,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader and thank you for trying all the troubleshooting steps.

As you mentioned that you tried removing Adobe Reader using the Acrobat cleaner tool but the cleaner tools freeze in the middle.

Please install all the latest updates of the operating system and reboot the machine once. Then if you are able to launch the Adobe Reader, then navigate to Edit>Preferences>Security(enhanced)>uncheck 'Enable Enhanced Security'. Reboot the machine and check.

Try removing Adobe Reader again using the Acrobat cleaner tool and reboot the machine https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html and if the setup still freezes, then create a test user profile with full admin rights and check with Adobe Reader.

What is the version of operating system installed? Is any security software installed and what is the version?

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already checked that i have installed all the latest and necessary update for windows 10 and rebooted my computer.

Initially when i had my adobe reader installed, i tried to do the following "Edit > Preferences" step. Unfortunately, when i selected the preference option, the entire adobe reader just hang and it crashes without any error message.

Therefore, i tried using the cleaner tool on my current profile and as usual it hanged. I then went to create a test profile to run the same cleaner but it already said the reader has been removed. So i attempted to install the latest adobe reader into the test profile and the problem still persist on both my test profile and main profile.

Currently, i'm using Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.137) by Windows 10 and i do not have any security software installed as i'm only using the provided windows defender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Angelicblues,

We're sorry for the trouble, I have sent you a private message, please check your email inbox.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have yet to get a reply on this matter. I have been waiting for days. I was considering to get the premium of this product but if the free product does not even work properly for me, how do i have the confidence to get the premium version of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Angelicblues,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Will try to arrange a call back for you as soon as the agent is available.

Thanks for your time and patience thus far.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is utter nonsense. I have been waiting for almost 1 entire month for any agent to call me to solve this problem. i tried to download the adobe PRO trial for 7 days and no matter how much i try to solve this issue, it happens EVEN IN the pro version. This is literally hindering me from even registering for the pro version let alone use the free version. I would kindly demand an agent to contact ASAP to solve this problem as this has been delaying for way too long.

I have provided my phone number including country code and the available time for call. I waited for several weeks and this issue has still not been addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angelicblues,

I am sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you related to the callback from Adobe support, please check your email inbox.

Thanks for your time and patience thus far.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You set up a timing with me to contact regarding the Adobe Program and i have did so.

I even freed my time in order to await for a phone call to resolve this issue but it never came.

When is the help when your customer needs them due to a debug in the software?

This is way too ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bryan,

​

I am sorry for the inconvenience you had, I tried calling on your number which you shared in the  private message but was unable to connect as it kept saying the number is incorrect.

​

Is it possible to share a different number on which we can contact you? I will again give you a callback at your requested time.

​

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure your telephone is enabled to call overseas? I'm from Singapore and +65 is my country code while the number is my personal number. Please ensure that you have entered the country code together with my number together. I do not have any number as this is the only way for telephone contact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bryan,

I have sent you an email with the details of meeting id and remote session, please check your email inbox.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines