Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 I Can't Render Video

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2560-10-19 at 14.02.25.png

I wait so long but progress not working .

help me please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manantachai,

As you're not able to render videos out of Photoshop, could you please let us know which operating system are you using?

Do you have a frame animation or a video clip?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

I use Mac os high sierra

and I make a frame animation

Thank you so much

Apologize My English isn't not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop handles animation in two completely different ways, video and framed animation but they share the same 'timeline' window.

If you have actual 'video' clips then sure you can edit them and 'render' the edit out in a 'video' format such as .mp4

If you have 'frames' then your only option is to use File > Export > 'Save For Web' and export as an animated 'GIF' format image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. As I stated I'm exporting frame animations via the timeline. I get the same message above "Initializing video export" and it just hangs. Save for Web doesn't help me as I need the frame export with animation. I really want .png and not GIF. While this MAY be a workaround it is clearly a bug as it USED to work and now doesn't...but most importantly the dialog hangs indefinitely.

UI/UX Lead - PreSonus Audio Electronics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it but I need to save png sequence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be saved as a gif aswell please try the save for web option once and share the results with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I have two images that I cross fading into a 3 second loop for my web site. 1090 X 850  . I have tried to export as a video but it just hangs and when I export for web (legacy) I just get a GIF image. I have tried as a video and as a frame sequence.

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with Rendering Document to File..., hangs on 'initializing video export...

Try to render out a 3d file from Photoshop cc 2018 latest, macbook pro 2017 16g ram, high sierra 13.11

any thots?Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 8.03.48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install adobe media encoder. It should be same version of photoshop.  Open Media Encoder import animated PSD file and export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil.Chawla​

I'm facing the same issue - the program gets stuck on the "Initializing Video Export". This did not happen in CC 2017. Like other people in this thread, exporting as a gif will not work for me. I need to be able to export as a png or jpeg sequence as before.

I'm running the new Photoshop 2018 on MacOS Sierra. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 10.12.6 and I'm having the same problem....I'm nearly dead in the water on a time sensitive project due to this bug. Please advise!

I am exporting knob animations for filmstrip/sprite sheet use FWIW. Worked like a charm up until the 2018 update. Now it just hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm facing the same problem. But as a temporary fix, I installed the older Photoshop 2017 (go to Creative Cloud > Photoshop CC > click the little arrow > Other Versions). The render video still works fine in the old version. Best of luck with your deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah...I'll probably have to do this, but was hoping that I might be able to switch over to other work before I HAD to take this route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can't replicate your issue - but I am on Windows not Mac

I suggest you raise it as a problem on the link below where it is more likely to be seen by Adobe staff :

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh...really? Adobe staff more likely to see a comment on a community driven forum? Not saying that forum is any less legit, but seems weird. Especially given the fact that there was already a response from an Adobe "Staff" member here.

Thanks for the advice! Think I'm just going to have to install 2017 for this task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This forum is mainly user to user (although occasionally joined by staff). It is good for getting help with how to overcome issues etc but as users we can't actually fix bugs.

The other link I gave is mainly for raising bugs and ideas and the product teams do monitor them. Given that several people - all on Macs are having a similar issue it would suggest a report on the other forum would be worthwhile.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. Will do. Thanks Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can export the animation to a single GIF file and it yields the attached result. This does not serve my purpose nor is it how this used to function. Currently when you select the arrow that USED to bring you to the sequence export dialog it hangs on the progress bar posted in the original question.

In 2017 CC Photoshop this option would export the timeline as single frame .png files that I could then arrange in my sprite sheet for use in development. One singe animated GIF is not the same thing....

Rc500LowFreqKnob.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get a comment on this? I understand if it's a bug, but would be nice to know that there is some traction on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this, we need a response from Adobe acknowledging this issue; I'm trying to export an MP4 from a timeline, but before I can even tell it how to do that it just sits there saying "Initializing Export".

I've made sure that Media Encoder CC is also fully updated and even ran it separately to rule that out, but all to no avail.  Quitting and reopening Photoshop does nothing either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue, but I get the warning box come up with:

Could not complete the Render Video command because of a program error.

This was fine in the previous release and is an essential part of my workflow. I don't understand how Adobe manages to break things which were working perfectly fine (if annoyingly slow) before. This is whilst trying to render out a PNG sequence from a frame based timeline, a "save for web" GIF is of no use to me at all.

Windows 8.1

If you're going to take 6 months to fix this issue I'll be coming down to Adobe HQ to kick some ass - I don't pay a subscription for faulty software and zero support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah so I'm not the only one with the same issue on windows, except I'm using windows 10. I'm just going to reinstall 2017...I do hope they fix 2018 though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came across this same problem. I'm trying to export a photoshop image sequence as pngs so I have multiple png files of an animation as the result. It worked just fine but since the 2018 update I'm getting the "Could not complete the Render Video command because of a program error."

This action is a HUGE part of my workflow and not being able to use it is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines