Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

macOS High Sierra memory overflow

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I've been watching macOS High Sierra (10.13.5) rapidly running out of memory for some time now. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (2018.011.200040) with up to 45 GB stands out particularly during the daily work -( At the latest after half an hour I must intervene actively. At the moment I have installed the little helper "Memory Clean" to become "master of the situation" again.

adobe.png

Is that normal or does anyone have a tip?

Thank you

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Hi,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat DC is consuming high memory on your mac machine, is that correct?

Could you try resetting preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. reboot the machine after resetting preferences and try again.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following forum thread: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC uses 45 GB of system memory!

Also, let us know if this happens when you op

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat DC is consuming high memory on your mac machine, is that correct?

Could you try resetting preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default. reboot the machine after resetting preferences and try again.

You may also try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following forum thread: Adobe Acrobat Pro DC uses 45 GB of system memory!

Also, let us know if this happens when you open a specific pdf or with all the pdfs?

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help.

This behavior occurs with Acrobat open WITHOUT having any PDF opened 😉

The trick with the settings reset seems to work.

I'm continuing to observe the behavior

Have a nice weekend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines