Exit

after editing an image in PS, LR does not show the changed image

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just switched from PC to MAC and just can't find out how to solve this:

when sending an image to Potoshop CC (2018) from within LR classic CC, doing some changes there and saving it, LR does not re-import the new one.

The 'send to' preference is standard, so via TIFF in ProPhoto, 240 dpi, zipped. The edited image should be stacked with the original but there is no new image there. The image shows up in PS correctly.

After saving, the file is in the folder as it should be.

LR shows: no image selected.

I can manually sync the folder and the edited image will appear, but  a) it's not how it should work and b) it can not be tracked with the original anymore

Anyone can help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a guess ... you have a sort order that is not filename ... so the file you edited in PS now appears where you don't expect it. What happens if you sort by file name (use the menu command View->Sort)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your quick reply.

no - that' not it. I changed the sorting, browsed for the file, searched for all files with the part '-edited.tif'

... it's just not in the catalog.

On disk, the file is there, and as said, I can manually sync the folder and then it's being imported. But then it's of course not stacked with the original.

/M     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a bit of research.

I think the issue is:

The images are stored on a NAS. Within LR they show up under

Macintosh HD/Volumes/ ...

When LR sends the images to PS, the path seems to be the URL of the NAS, and also when sending them back to LR.

Then obviously they do not match any more and LR refuses the image from PS, showing a blank screen and not importing the image back.

Then syncing the folder in LR shows the missing image and correctly imports it, but as said, it is an extra step and the pictures are not stacked...

Anyone can help me how to solve this?

Many thanks

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MZehnpfennig  wrote

I did a bit of research.

I think the issue is:

The images are stored on a NAS. Within LR they show up under

Macintosh HD/Volumes/ ...

Have you tried the following: Right-click on 'Macintosh HD' and choose 'Hide this parent'. Then do the same for 'Volumes'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines