• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish collection online and send link to client to view

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Adobe Lightroom Classic CC, I have edited and curated a collection of images that I would now like to upload online so I can send the client a link to view. I cannot have the gallery available to view publicly - can I do this directly in Lightroom Classic CC or do I need to publish to my Adobe Portfolio site?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are any number of Cloud-based solutions here.

Depending on your need and other factors, Creative Cloud or Dropbox could work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you familiar with creating collections in Lightroom Classic CC and sharing them via Lightroom.adobe.com? That is the easiest and quickest way to share from Classic. After the collection is shared, you can go to the website and create a link that you can send to your client. The only people who can access that collection would be anyone who knows that link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tony and Jim,

Can you supply links for explanations as to how to try your respective solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure there are better tutorials than the one I'm going to provide. But I did a quick search and found this one. I don't like it very well but it will give you the idea of how it works. It refers to a "public" link but it really isn't public because the link is only available to those you provide it to. Take a look and see what you think.

How To Share A Collection in Adobe Lightroom - YouTube

Actually, it is necessary to go to the link from Lightroom and choose the option from the website to share the link. It is on the website that you are able to create the shareable link that you can send to others. But it does work. That tutorial is old. It will give you the basic idea of how to get sharing started with Classic. Come back and ask more questions if you need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim,

I will have a look at this and give it a try.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a look at the video, close but not quite right for me. Surely there is a way to click an upload button so the gallery goes to Creative Cloud where I can send the client a link to view the gallery - this used to be so easy in Apple Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I think is pretty simple. Create a collection of images that you want. Share the collection. Send a link to the collection to your client. If that isn't simple enough then I guess you'll have to come up with another solution. Portfolio might be another way for you. I have sent links to family and friends and it has worked out well for me. I guess some people want it simpler than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

aldoc51168322  wrote

I have had a look at the video, close but not quite right for me. Surely there is a way to click an upload button so the gallery goes to Creative Cloud where I can send the client a link to view the gallery - this used to be so easy in Apple Photos

I really don't understand what you wrote here. Did you actually watch that video and consider the steps? After you "share" the collection from Lightroom, all you need to do is create a link and send the link to your client. Something that's a little different from what that video shows is that you need to go to Lightroom.adobe.com and click on the Share icon to create the link. Then you simply copy the link and send it to your client. Seems to me that it's exactly what you've been asking for. Then all your client has to do is click on the link that you sent him in order to be able to look at the images. You choose whether or not the client is able to download the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines