Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt File Message will not allow Acrobat Pro 2017 on my MAC

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regularly get the message below when trying to open files:

"There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired."

And the files will not open. I know the files are good. My software is up to date. I assume there is something that is not set right to allow these files to be opened.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting corrupt file message when trying to open files in Acrobat, is that correct?

Check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

You may also try the troubleshooting steps given in the following links:

Cannot Open Damaged File (Acrobat Reader)

Resolve damaged document error when opening PDF files

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know the files are good, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files open on other computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. How do you get the files to this computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

email. But this has happened quite a few times lately. I think it is my Adobe Acrobat. It has happened on files from more than one sender and every time I was able to send the “damaged file” to a coworker who was able to open it.

I have made certain my Acrobat is up to date. And my MAC OS also.

William

[ private informations removed by moderator ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The issue could be with the email provider which is handling the files as the following forum threads suggest: File is damaged and could not be repaired...

File is damaged or cannot be repaired

You may also try resetting preferences for Acrobat using the steps given in this link: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.  reboot the machine after resetting the preferences and check.

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have also run into this issue.  Mac OS high sierra, Adobe Acrobat 2017.  PDF give that same error message.  I can sometimes open them on a PC.  Sometime I can open them with Chrome on the Mac to view.  But Adobe Acrobat still gives problems.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines