• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

a low-level exception occurred in: ImporterMPEG (Importer:39)

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with Premiere

Heres the rundown:

The files I'm trying to load are close to 25gb, in the MP4 format.

They last over 6 hours long, sometimes up to 15 hours. (They are Twitch Stream VODS)

Upon trying to import these files, Premiere will throw a fit ( a low-level exception occurred in: ImporterMPEG (Importer:39) )

and only load the audio of the same file. These files also do not load in Media Browser.

It's not like the files are corrupt, just very large. They load fine with no error in programs such as Sony Vegas, only in premiere is this a problem.

How can I fix this?

(I have 13gb RAM allocated to Premiere & the disk cache location is set to a 1tb harddrive)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi svtv,

Sorry for the trouble with import. It could be an issue with media cache. Clear the media cache & check the issue.

Here are the steps: FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to make a work around to the issue by using FFMPEG to split the source MP4, it then worked fine. No matter how much cache space I gave the application it would refuse to load anything over 6 hours in length.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should disable "Enable accelerated h264 decoding (requires rebooting)" in the program preferences, to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YOU ARE MY HERO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you so much 🙏👌🥳🥳🥳

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I have a problem with the import of mp4 files but only with the xiaomi 4k + camera with Media info I saw that it is codec avc1 (avc1 / isom), previously there was no problem and I could work on these files and not a week ago. I uninstalled the entire adobe premiere pro program and it did not help and now I've reinstalled the entire windows and this problem is still there. I am asking for a quick answer, I pay a subscription and I can not work because there is a program error

Zdjęcie użytkownika Maciej Włodarczyk.Zdjęcie użytkownika Maciej Włodarczyk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the identical problem with my videos from YI 4k+. I can't import it.
Please help us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

you probably have the latest version of adobe premiere, so please reinstall the older version, back 2 versions back. I did so after consulting the technical department so they told me to do it and now everything works and it is good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi patrycjaw26336734,

Have you tried the recommended step? Here are the steps to install previous version: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app

It is possible to have multiple versions installed in the machine.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

I have the same problem with the latest version of Premiere Pro CC that could not read an mp4 from iPhone 6s.

I have installed a previous version of Premier Pro CC2015.3 and it is working...

It is a pity that Adobe's new update is not supporting a very common codec (H264, AAC, mebx, 11.2.1)

Do you have any solution?

Thank you for your answer!

Reynald

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya,

I can also report the same problem.

This file could not be imported into the very lastest PPro, or media encoder.

I rolled back to

12.1.2 - then the file imported just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maciejw66745213,

​Sorry for the delay in response. Glad you found a workaround after consulting our support team.

​Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened after I swapped computers in the middle of editing the same project. I was able to fix this by switching my Video Preview File Format in Sequence Settings. I had it on Quicktime and I changed it to MPEG. It deleted all preview files and it is smooth playback now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines