• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC classic 2018 lags HARD

New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've been using lightroom on my machine for a few years now. And all the recent versions worked fine, with no notable bugs or problems.

But recently I updated lightroom to the new classic 2018 edition, and it is lagging HARD. So much so that I can't apply masks. Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects all work perfectly, with no lags whatsoever, but Lightroom has been a NIGHTMARE. 

I tried optimizing the catalog, reinstalling it, clearing everything else and running just it, but nothing seems to help. Any ideas? Also, disabling GPU usage seemed to help for like 2 seconds and then it came back to terrible

My computer is:

Intel i5 4670k

nvidia geforce 1080

8gb ram

Needless to say Lightroom is installed on an SSD and the cache is at a different SSD.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear ya... its killing me. I'm trying to edit shoots at the moment and its slowing me down terrible. I'm on Mac and I've tried everything...

Adobe please fix this asap!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to +1 on this. It's bad. Like, the worst it's ever been — and that's not hyperbole.

I've been using Lightroom since right before 2.0 was released (a decade?) and I've always had adequate performance at the very least. Sometimes speedier than others, but never unusable, and nothing an update didn't fix.

This last update broke it. Bad. I have to restart the app to get 30-60 minutes of use out of it, but then it immediately begins to just hang on every mouse input. Constantly. And nothing but a restart fixes it before it just does it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness! I'm not the only one! But... Oh, no, I'm not the only one... I, too, have tried all the regular troubleshooting solutions to try to fix the problem. I thought it was my PC, but no. It's Lightroom CC Classic. It makes me want to pull my hair out! What normally would take me 2-3 days to edit an entire shoot has now taken me almost two weeks! Thankfully, my client is forgiving. My future clients, however...? They might not be so forgiving. This is excruciating. One photo now takes me more than 10 minutes to edit because I'll be waiting for adjustment brush tool to make changes or the healing brush tool... Beyond ridiculous! Do something Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say anything about your system.

Which operating system do you use?

Which hardware is build in your PC?

Is you system up-to-date, esp. the graphic driver?

Do you use the latest version of Lightroom?

Do you have tried to deactivate the GPU support?

Do you have tried a clean reinstallation of Lightroom?

I worked with Lightroom Classic CC on an older hardware (Intel i7-2600K, 16GB RAM, Quadro K2000 ). Catalog and preview cache are stored on a seperate SSD. My catalog contains approx. 85K pictures.

I don't have any problems that you described. So I think something wrong in your configuration or it is a incompatibility with your system

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RIGHT! Adobe hasn't responded to the problem because they are FORCING users to update their software by making old versions unusable. The new Lightroom interface SUCKS which is why so many people are using the old one still. Adobe is lazy and won't hire more people... My friend who works at their headquarters said they won't hire enough people and it's an ongoing joke with employees who hate working there. This HORRIBLE (embarrassing example of Adobe software) issue started right after the new version came out. Hmmmm. It was just fine before. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply from them. I've switched over to different software because I'm losing faith in Adobe.

I'm using an $8000 custom desktop built last year so it's absolutely NOT YOUR COMPUTER causing the problem.

Care to weigh-in Adobe to prove you care about customer service or that I'm wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ActuallyWorksMarketing  wrote

I'm using an $8000 custom desktop built last year so it's absolutely NOT YOUR COMPUTER causing the problem.

Care to weigh-in Adobe to prove you care about customer service or that I'm wrong?

I'm not Adobe, don't work for them, have no connection to them, don't know any Adobe employees. But just wondering why my old HP Pavilion that was purchased with the Windows 7 just after Windows 8 was released, "upgraded" to Windows 10 a couple of years ago, 8 GB RAM (all the motherboard will accommodate) handles the latest Lightroom Classic CC (yes, 8.1) without any difficulty whatsoever. No lags, no delays, no hangups, it just does what it's supposed to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you notice that you replied to a post that is more than 6 months old?

There has been a new version of LR CL CC (8.0) since then, in Oct. 2018 and an update(8.1) to that in Dec. 2018.

Lightroom Classic has new features, but no new interface. Perhaps you are confusing Lightroom Classic CC with the new web based Lightroom CC. Two entirely different programs.

The participants in this forum are users like you. Adobe employees seldom show up here.

If you want to communicate directly with Adobe, you can do it on this forum:  Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please accomplish the following

in Lightroom, click on Help, click on System Information, click Copy. Paste result in reply.

Edit

8 months old post, hate it when I overlook that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines