Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018: Audio/Video out of sync when browsing through timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

being new to Premiere I apologize if this is an easy fix or answered elsewhere, but more than an hours search still left me without a proper fix.

When I import a video to a project I can preview it without problems. Both Audio and Video are in sync. This gets messed up as soon as I try to go back/forth in the video but only due to certain procedures. Stopping the video or changing the current timestamp via the buttons in the program editor is fine. But dragging the current editing point on the timeline breaks it. The video will be out of sync, sometimes way too fast and even deleting and re-importing will not fix it anymore. If I happen to hover over the video after import and "browse" through the video timeline there, it will be out of sync before even played once.

Obviously I need to be able to go back and forth in order to edit properly. Does anyone have some advice here? It would be a lifesaver for me as currently I cannot edit anything at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Never used OBS but if those files are causing the issue - check the file settings there and perhaps try recording another format. Make it CBR rather than VBR.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of media file? Does this happen with different video files from other sources?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I was trying MP4s but from two different sources - one being the PS4 Share function and then on to the PC via USB Stick. The second being an Elgato HD60S in between PS4 and PC while recording the stream with overlays through OBS. I checked it once more now and the Mp4 videos through PS4 share seem to remain fine even when f.x. previewing it immediately by hovering over the video after import. The OBS videos though do not work, so it seems to be an issue here, even if both are MP4.

I already deleted the media cache and media cache files as well as doing a full re-install of the cloud and premiere pro after deinstalling and using the adobe cleaner. Unfortunately the videos remain broken in the project as soon as I once browsed through them on their timeline. Within a new project they are fine again until again I either hover over them or use the proect timeline to drag the timestamp around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never used OBS but if those files are causing the issue - check the file settings there and perhaps try recording another format. Make it CBR rather than VBR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asking about the file format already made me find the issue between MP4 from PS4 and via OBS. So I messed around a bit in the OBS settings, recorded something new, put it into the same "broken" project that already had OBS videos that caused issues and at first test, the new one did NOT have the same problems. I'm sure the rest can be fixed there as well, so at least I am not in the dark anymore - thank you very much for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently ran into this same issue and I have the fix below ...

Premiere Pro Audio Issue FIX SOLVED - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the program Handbrake to change the video to a constant frame rate. the problem is that your video has a variable frame rate.. A lot of phones have this variable frame rate. You can get around this by using a good video camera app where you set a constant frame rate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no need to use Handbrake to convert files.  OBS Studio has all of the same "guts" to it as Handbrake does.  They're both built on top of the most excellent FFMPEG libraries and application.  The answer here is, ultimately to tell OBS Studio to create CFR files versus VFR files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines