• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Export a 444 Quicktime on Windows

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey fellas, well I recently just completed this music video which was shoot on the Canon C300 Mark 2 in 2K 444. I know since I am using a Windows machine I can't render in Pro Res and that the DNXHR codec should allow me to be able to keep my 444. My question is what flavor of DNXHR should I use to keep the maximum amount of quality I want the video to stay at 444 but I'm afraid using the DNXHR RGB 444 option will hurt my video since it was shot in C-Log. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

AlexTheScarfe  wrote

I'm afraid using the DNXHR RGB 444 option will hurt my video since it was shot in C-Log. 

What are you afraid of? DNXHR RGB 444 should in principle give you nearly identical sampling information to ProRes 444. Whether it's C-log or not shouldn't make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AlexTheScarfe  wrote

I'm afraid using the DNXHR RGB 444 option will hurt my video since it was shot in C-Log. 

What are you afraid of? DNXHR RGB 444 should in principle give you nearly identical sampling information to ProRes 444. Whether it's C-log or not shouldn't make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not aware of this. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might want to hit the "Render at Maximum Depth" checkbox in the Export Settings. Some formats will export 10bit or higher regardless of whether you check the box or not but in your case you should check it if you want to be certain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines