• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Video Effects - Laggy if not selected

Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been around for several versions now. Does anyone know the reason for it?

If you don't have the "Motion" field selected in the video Effects area of the Effect Controls, you get very laggy performance when attempting you adjust the position sliders.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* Video link fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any difference in performance on my own i5 2500K system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you experience snappy response in both cases? So when you don't have the blue wireframe box surrounding the extents of the clip, you can drag the sliders and get immediate feedback with no lag?

Just found this same question from 2016:

Adjusting Motion in Premiere's Monitor is very laggy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see this on my Mac system. Either method displays smooth and prompt movement in the Program monitor.

What are the properties of the source file?

What are the Sequence Settings?

I noticed in your video demo  that the clip you have selected is being scaled up 150% in the timeline, if you use a clip that is not being scaled up do you have the same performance issues?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you don't have the blue wireframe box surrounding the extents of the clip, you can drag the sliders and get immediate feedback with no lag?

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your timeline seems to have loads of works and edits ? It's not all obvious but its just a guessing ....

try the same on a fresh new project, with that same footage.. do you experience the same issues ?

Let us know please

I tried on a Windows 7 sp1 i7 / Quadro K2000 ...  no issues at all (pc is around 3 yrs old)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you remoted into this machine or using any sort of mouse/keyboard over network programs like Synergy or Mouse Without Borders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Are you remoted into this machine or using any sort of mouse/keyboard over network programs like Synergy or Mouse Without Borders?"

No, straight USB directly into machine.

I have just created a new project and imported some clips. The following layer order appears in this show hundreds of times.

Capture.JPG

With just these clips in the project the response is much quicker - if I try to move the bottom clip using both methods these is not an obvious difference in performance. I am using a DNX 1080P sequence with Max render quality switched on and High Quality playback.

Since the issue isn't obvious with just a couple of clips on a timeline, it could be related to a complex timeline (which this show has). I will begin a new episode sometime this week so I will test with a brand new project and see if the issue appears as soon as I import the timeline (AAF from Avid).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines