Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating saveable forms in webhelp

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been asked to create a change request form that is part of the help system. Some users want to be able to save the form to their pc, complete the info and then return it as part of a document sharing system. I have created the form which launches fine and downloads but when I fill in the form and 'save page as' and return it to the system the information I have input is not there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Julie

Thoughts here...

* RoboHelp will offer the ability to create forms by allowing you to insert form elements. But that's where it ends. If this is a web based form you will need some sort of script that will parse and process the data the form sends.

* You might consider creating a Microsoft Word document with areas the user would fill in. That would facilitate saving to the local drive for later completion. Then they could send an E-Mail message with the document as an attachment.

* You might consider creating an Adobe PDF document with fillable form fields. It might work similar to the Word document I mentioned earlier.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp