• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way of moving an object during scene ?

Participant ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not talking about the puppet, just an object like a table or something.

Is there a way of moving it slowly from one side to another ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Just import a table image, png or jpg, into the scene. Select the table and then use the transform behavior to move it. You could also use a midi controller to move the table.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just import a table image, png or jpg, into the scene. Select the table and then use the transform behavior to move it. You could also use a midi controller to move the table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jerry said. Basically treat anything that you put into a scene as a puppet. Characters are puppets, background images are puppets, furniture that needs to move separately are puppets, ... its just a background image does not have a face or hands etc. You can still add draggers for manual movement, or use Transform (like what Jerry said), which is what I normally do - gives smoother movements. 

There was also a cool tips and tricks video OK Samauri shared a few months back where they hooked a walk behavior up to the background and foreground image (furniture in front of the puppet) where they set a negative walk speed. As the character walked it actually stood still and the background and foreground moved in the opposite direction. Depends on how fancy you want to get, but meant you could control movement of things using left/right arrows. By setting a different velocity for the foreground and background image you got a parallax effect (background moved slower than foreground).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alank is correct. I"m having all my objects imported as puppets. That way if I want a character to walk behind, for instance, a table, I can do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines