Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7.1 / Unexpected shutdown

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, STAFF.

My macbook pro died the other day, and luckily for me i could borrow a late imac 2015 model which has High Sierra installed.

Now one of the first things i did was to set up Lightroom again and my catalog so i could get back to work, but since then about a month ago it is constantly shutting down for what seems no reason, just gives me the same boring unexpected shutdown message, which really doesn't help me or lead me to any solutions.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? Staff ?

Kind regards, BS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the error message? Is the Lightroom cat file on an external or on the borrowed laptop? Are you logged in to your account in Creative Cloud Manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Could you please share the error message you get "word for word" or a screen if possible.

You should be aware that this forum is a user to user forum so the responses you will most like receive will be from other users of the application and not necessarily employees of Adobe.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply guys, yes DdeGannes i realise that, but i have seen staff post here. I don't have the error message written or screenshot. But i will probably happen today so i will just make sure to get that for you guys next time it happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5 will not run properly on High Sierra (OS X 10.13).

You need to either purchase a newer version of Lightroom, or downgrade your operating system to Sierra (OS X 10.12)

but i have seen staff post here

And probably 99% of the replies are not from Adobe staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this message came again, but it is so long, where can i see the details needed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough, i wish i knew that before hand though. Find it a little sad that a software that i have bought and like(don't need a newer version) is now cornering me to get involved into a monthly subscription. Very bad customer service from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

björgvins31167930  wrote

Find it a little sad that a software that i have bought and like(don't need a newer version) is now cornering me to get involved into a monthly subscription.

As stated above, you are not "cornered", you have options, one of which is to downgrade your operating system and not pay a subscription fee to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that is actually possible? Because before i made this thread i was searching for the issue, and saw similar suggestions but people always said that downgrading your os system is somewhat impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your favorite search engine, the instructions are out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well ok thanks for reaching out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines