• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Youtube -- Does This Guy Know What He Is Talking About?!

Participant ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PSE 15.  It is a bit slow and freezes often.  While on youtube I thought I found an answer!  But, I thought 'no way am I going to do what this youtuber posted, unless one of the Adobe Experts tells me it is a 'good idea'.  He claims that this is a fix Adobe put out.  I seriously doubt it.  Would one of you experts view it and let me know what you think?  It is only 2:44 long.  Thank you very much.

Photoshop Elements 15 Crashing Problem Fixed. - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be no need to create those folders. They are created automatically during installation.

His video refers to the Organizer. When are you seeing the slowness or freeze? Is it when using Organizer or when using the Editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon, Thank you for taking the time to help me.  I really appreciate it.  Please forgive me for my delay in responding.  I have been ill.

The slowness (and freezing up -- 'Do you want Windows to close the program or to Wait to See if it Responds' ... something like that) is in the Organizer. 

Here is what my tree looks like:

This PC -- Windows C: -- Program Files -- Adobe -- Elements 15 Organizer  --  Photoshop Elements 15

All the above are folders.

When I opened the folder for 'Elements 15 Organizer' -- the very next folder is one titled, "32"

How is that for WEIRD?!

When I opened "32" -- it has '13 Application  Extens' items and '2 Application' type items.

To top off my joy for the evening, after working for basically two weeks (I am disabled so have lots of extra time) to streamline the way my Organizer looks (deleting junk images, creating stacks) -- then the whole Program CRASHED!

I'm pretty sure I have a back-up on my Ex HD, but PSE 15 is saying I do not.

UGH . . .

Either it is time to install Affinity . . . or reinstall PSE 15.  Just when I thought I was finally getting a hold on the learning curve for PSE 15 -- it seems to have imploded this evening.

Thank you again for your time and thoughts.

Sincerely,

Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean,

Here is what my tree looks like:

This PC -- Windows C: -- Program Files -- Adobe -- Elements 15 Organizer  --  Photoshop Elements 15

All the above are folders.

When I opened the folder for 'Elements 15 Organizer' -- the very next folder is one titled, "32"

How is that for WEIRD?!

Nothing weird. You won't find any explanation to your organizer slowness and crash by looking into the programme folder tree. I don't know enough about programming to understand its complexity, but '32' is very familiar. It relates generally to the bits and pieces that are programmed in 32-bits instead of the 64-bits common features of Elements.

Anyway, when a program is slow or crashes, the problem is practically always outside of the programme folder itself.

You mention two problems:

- slowness

- crash

In your other discussion, I discussed one obvious case of slowness:  the time to move and backup to another drive. Those changes are always slow with or without the organizer.

So, it's necessary to know exactly which action is slow and what are your choices in the Edit/preferences menu (particularly people recognition and automatic features). Equally it would help if you could copy and paste the first twelve lines of the info you get with the menu Help >> system Info.

For the 'crash', what happens exactly?  Description of what you can see, messages etc?   Most of the time, there has been no 'crash', there is freezing, the program quits unexpectedly...

My suggestion:

Start a new discussion for each of those issues with the description of what you are seeing. Just like physicians, other users have to use a 'clinical' approach before jumping to cures and remedies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YIKES!!!  I was just about done describing my latest problem  . . . . and then BOOOOMMMMM!  I get your response to this . . . . and what I had just about had finished . . . . DISAPPEARED!

UGH.

Is there a draft folder that I have somewhere that might have saved some of what I just got done writing?!

Definitely not my evening tonight.

Thank you.

Dean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found my draft folder.  It isn't there.  Grrrr....    Next time I will write it on a word processor and then . . . .   Thanks.  Sorry for the drama.  It has been a long 3 weeks topped off with an over-the-top evening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines