• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting development settings for a single image?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm developing scripted processing pipelines that let me transform segments of drone video into large panoramas. After creating a panorama, I'd like to edit it in Lightroom and save some sort of representation of the transformations made to the original panorama that lead to the final result. Is there some way to save a history of those edits to disk that can be loaded in the future to reproduce the final result?

Thanks for your assistance!

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of in LR. In PS you could create an action that recorded all the editing steps. But that recording has to be done while you did the edits and or while you did the same edits on another image, not from the history AFAIK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm less familiar with PS but was planning to explore this path as a last resort. Appreciate the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You create a develop preset in Lightroom, which essentially saves the final settings of your edits (the actual sequence of changes is not saved).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never tried to save a develop present before but this might be my best option. Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris

You may already have considered this but would a Snapshot give you some answer here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sure might Tony. I'll investigate. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to develop presets and snapshots, there's another way to capture develop settings made to a photo: Do Metadata > Save Metadata To File. This saves all the settings to the XMP metadata, which is stored in the file itself for non-raws and in .xmp sidecars for raws.  You can extract these settings using the free utility ExifTool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Develop presets do not save Local Brushing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines