• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create the copyright symbol?

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I create the copyright symbol in CS6?

[Spelling of copyright corrected in two places by moderator for international translation purposes.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Hi 2beginner

You can always use the operating system shortcuts that work in all programs.

For the copyright symbol ©:

Mac: Option + G

Windows: Alt + 0169 on the Numeric keypad (numlock must be turned on)

©

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, where do we go from here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the name of the program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

-A program would be Photoshop or ???

Also, this is a public forum and it is Saturday, you need to be patient and wait for a reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 2beginner

You can always use the operating system shortcuts that work in all programs.

For the copyright symbol ©:

Mac: Option + G

Windows: Alt + 0169 on the Numeric keypad (numlock must be turned on)

©

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jane has told you, use the Alt codes.  I don't know if Opt codes are the same for OSX?

This is all of them

https://www.alt-codes.net/

I have some of the more useful set up in an auxiliary (gaming) keyboard profile, but the one I use most, but a large margin, is the

em-dash which is ALT 0151  —  I just think it a lot more elegant than the minus character - or even the en-dash –  So I have that programmed on one of the G-keys on my main keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane-e,

Thank you I didnot know about the number lock. Didnot have to do that with CS3.

Ralph G. Waclawicz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, 2beginner,

There are various ways to enter these symbols, but they change depending on the software (which you didn't specify.)

The Alt + Numeric keypad codes have been working since the DOS days and are not specific to any application, which is why I prefer them. Trevor's chart is good for more of them. They used to be in the back of the manuals in the old days when they gave you printed manuals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In early days of text programs there was a standard called ascii code ( numbers) that represent symbols. It is still in use and those are the numbers you see displayed to get certain symbols.

In the case of Trevor's numbers there is no such thing as a copywrite. What he means is copyright.

Legally speaking, or grammatically, there are playwrights ( sorta like shipwrights). They 'build' ships, or write plays ( create plays).

And there are those who can write a specific play. That is referred to as play writing.

"I am currently play writing, " and If you do that for a living you may be referred to as a 'playwright' . Shakespeare was a playwright.

There is no such thing as a copywrite.

It is rather a copyright.  And that is the symbol you are getting, regardless of the uninspired definition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COPY RIGHT.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in win 10 you can get character map under 'windows accessories' ….

map.jpg

This is what it looks like when you click on the ascii code "map"...

CopyPaste.jpg

You can scroll through all the symbols and find nice ones you like.

Then you can basically choose one,  copy it to clipboard ( Cntrl-C ) , go to your program and paste it into your text ..(cntrl-V )...

how cool !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Lightroom and in the watermark box I entered Alt+0169 then my name -it worked! I now have the correct copyright symbol then my name in my watermark. Apparrently that number combo works in all programs.Thank-you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines