• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tried opening a file and "Could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered." popped up.

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed to design a trifold flyer for my company so I decided to choose one of Adobe Photoshop's templates to start with since it already had the guidelines etc.  I chose the "Professional Trifold Brochure" and deleted all of the layers in each layout.  I spent the entire day designing the front and back and saved the file multiple times.  Today, I try to open my design and get an error immedately that says "Could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered."

I use windows adobe Photoshop CC 2017

Help... I need to open this file.  Here is a link to the file design I uploaded on dropbox.  trifold.psd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a back-up copy or incrementally saved copy (always wise to do so).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded it but had the same message as you when I tried to open it.

If you also have InDesign this kind of document is best done in that application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file had not saved properly and is corrupt.  Unless you have a backup you will have to re-create it.  I suspect the disk you saved it on is bad.  That happens and in my experience replacing the drive solves the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines