• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

zipLogix Digital Ink Online Signatures pdf slow to open

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using zipforms to create documents and can use digital ink (free to me)  or docusign (I have to pay for) to sign documents.  Once completed, I can view the documents with signatures.  If the document was signed with docusign, I click on the *.pdf and it opens very quickly.  If the document was signed with Digital Ink it sits there and needs to verify the signatures before opening and can take a couple of minutes.  To open the pdf I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro X version 10.1.16.

What can I do to get the *.pdf to open fast like when using docusign or the EDGE will work too?

Thanks in advance.  Upgrading to the new version of Adobe seems wrong since everything else seems to be working properly.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Whanenburg,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As per the issue description mentioned above, documents signed using digital ink are slow to open when opening in Acrobat, is that correct?

Could you try adding the documents under privileged location and check if that helps. Refer to this help document for the same: Enhanced security setting for PDFs, Adobe Acrobat

Also, try updating Acrobat to the latest patch using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again. You may also download updates from here: Overview — Release Notes for Legacy Acrobat Products

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enhanced security setting for PDFs does not help.

No update since 2015 on which I have. 10.1.16.  Opening without verification opens the PDF fine but then I do not get the verification.

Please provide a patch since I should not have to upgrade just to possibly fix this.  Just to reiterate, the PDF will open, it just needs to go out to the internet and verify the signatures which can take minutes.  It only happens with ziplogix digital ink, not with DocuSign, or if I open it in EDGE viewer.  I contacted ziplogix and they said once the pdf docs have been created in a PDF, it is not longer their issue.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Would it be possible if you can share the pdf file you are working with to replicate the issue at our end? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Attached is a pdf file that opens slowly.  Since there is only one signature, it does not take minutes to open but you will see what it does in verifying signatures.

Thanks for your help.

!Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines