• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not view topics in infolink

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not access topics from the Table of contents, they will show as Page can not be displayed. However when we try and access the same topic for another page it will display.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what infolink is and what output type we are dealing with please? It sounds like you may be talking about a CHM file. If so, it sounds like you need to Unblock it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Infolink is what we use to display our projects from RoboHelp. These are just policies that are written up to tell people how to process different types of claims correctly. It starts out as a word document and than we import this into RH7 and it turns it to HTML. However we have some topics that will not display properly, along with other issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the output you are generating is....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Colum was seeking confirmation that you are generating webhelp rather than a CHM.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry yes that is correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking back at your original post, I am a bit confused. You say that some topics accessed from the TOC don't display but go on to say that these topics do display when viewed from "another page". Do you mean that links to these topics do display them and that it is just when you view them from the TOC that the problem occurs? Can you also confirm that none of the topics in the TOC display when viewed from it?

If this the case I have to admit to being a little unsure what to suggest. Is "Infolink" some sort of in house browser platform or does it use a browser. If so, which one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2009 Mar 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry there are some topics that do not display from the Table of Contents, however we can access those topics and they do display when we go through a link. It is not every topic that will not display it's only certain ones. Once we manually publish a new topic the system will show the topic that was not displayed earlier from the table of contents. However this just makes another topic disappear.

Infolink uses Internet Explorer to run

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you open the help file manually via Windows Explorer? Do you see the same behaviour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we have tried and that is what is so frustrating to me because I am definitely not a programmer and I do not read code so I am trying to trouble shoot a product that I don't fully understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it works OK when opened manually which narrows the problem down to the InfoLink product. You'll have to see if you can find someone who does understand it as it appears to be a user specific application. Does anyone know how the help is called from within Infolink?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I will ask around, unfortunately I came into the project after the build was already done. The person who set it all up is no longer around so we have nobody to turn to for answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Someone somewhere must have responsibility for it even if they don't know what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp