• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018- How to turn off the recentering in full screen mode ?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
When I work in full-screen mode (F), I want to move my workspace with the hand (space). Since the update is impossible to move easily. The workspace is recenter automatically.

For example if I want to work details, I zoom to 200% and use the full screen mode. I want to move the window to the left for work on the right side of my drawing, but photoshop automatically re-centers the workspace. And I can't see my work anymore. This new default setting is very painful.

How to turn off the recentering of the workspace in full screen mode ?

Thank you

Best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Re: Photoshop CC 2018- How to turn off the recentering in full screen mode ?

Adobe just released an update (19.1.0) and the issue has been resolved. Finally!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah same question here: example below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's exactly that, for an illustrator / graphic artist it's very difficult to work with it. I will probably reinstall the previous version of photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also noticed it does this when making a copy of a layer.

I really hope this is a bug and not a "feature" because I've made a few tries not to stop this from happening and it just keeps going...

Does Adobe monitor these threads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, this is incredibly annoying.  I have found that if you enter the second full screen mode (pressing f twice), this behavior does not happen.  But, that mode is less desirable for me, as you lose the mac file menu / dock, and have to press tab to get your palettes and tools.   

Adobe, please fix or add an option to disable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working on fixing this and getting out to users as soon as possible. The workaround at this time is to make sure you are using tabbed windows instead of floating windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anxious to get this one fixed- Any progress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really a troubling problem.  Any fixes coming soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...this is a really annoying update. I really hope it can be fixed soon. It is driving me nuts to have to reposition every time I click on layers and move back to my window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any update on this?  It is a really annoying problem that I am running into all day, every day.  I'm very surprised this hasn't been addressed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on getting this problem fixed? It's incredibly disrupting to workflow. Please get this worked out ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this workaround refers to choosing "Window > Application Frame" (which does make tabbed windows).  At first i was trying to use the preference for opening new documents as tabs, which was not working.   Using the Application frame does work, but you lose some of Mac OS's niceness... i like seeing though the program to my other windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does this mean? In "tabbed" mode, one cannot scroll beyond the canvas into the artboard which is the entire point of working full-screen.

AH — I see; working with the "Application Frame" checked/on seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please help. Cannot work without getting annoyed of canvas repositioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeing this also and really dislike the centering. But I've had another issue related to your answer. I prefer not to have my images open tabbed. And, because I do composites, I want all open images floating (untabbed) in my workspace. No matter how many times I set my Prefs so that the two options related to tabs to unchecked and set my Window > Workspace arrange to Float All in Window whenever I relaunch Ps CC 19.1.1 it resets to Open in Tabs. I've only switched to CC from Ps CS5 in the past 2 wks and now I'm kind of regretting it due to bugs like this... I don't want to reinstall everything. It took me a week to get all my tools, brushes, actions, filter plugins, prefs set up... I have Admin for my Win 7 Pro PC so that shouldn't be an issue. Is there some other locking "feature" I need to unlock wrt prefs to have free floating images I can move and size as desired? Also, the Nik Selective tool in CC isn't working properly. If I select a feature like fix shadows and try to paint that filter in I keep getting a msg box saying I have to quit Nik to return to Ps. That never happened in Ps CS5.. Thx for any help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is infuriating.

How do you even release software like this that is actually WORSE than the previous version? Do you road test this stuff before it goes out?

It really beggars belief.

Has 19.1.5 ironed these issues out? Has the bug with the text resizing live-feedback thing been ironed out too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I echo this problem. I have checked and unchecked every box in Preferences trying to turn this off but to no avail. Resetting Preferences also has not worked. Anyone have any ideas? This is extremely annoying.

Luckily, it only seems to occur when the image is zoomed out enough that you can see all four sides of the artboard, If I'm zoomed into the image, it does not recenter. This makes me think it has to be a feature somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changes for changes sake! This new feature wipes out the benefit of working full screen, which I assume most of us do!

Why do they insist on changing things for no apparent reason, wouldn't be so bad if they gave an option to revert back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me mad. Any news on when this will be fixed?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's driving me crazy as well. I've reverted to the 2017 version until I hear that it's fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very frustrating! I've just recently updated Photoshop and found this to be happening! Please sort this ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to v19 this morning (i was so excited to see an update available), and the problem STILL persists.  Can someone from adobe please comment on the status of this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded and didn't look back. The problem will be seen as an 'upgrade', so will no doubt be part of future updates too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only updated to CC 2018 yesterday (Mac) and this has been driving me nuts too!

I'm relieved it's not just me and that it's a recognised bug.

Every time I try to do anything, my image recentres itself so that half the time, the area I'm working on is then hidden behind my palettes, if zoomed in at all.

I too am going to have to go back to CC 2017 as this is doing my head in!  (as we say in London..)

I see that M Shaw replied to this thread in October saying there would be a fix for this soon, so is there any progress on this at all??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't happen for me. I can drag my image anywhere and click layers as often as I want and it doesn't re-centre.

Edit - Preferences - Tools - Overscroll (checkbox).

Or am I misunderstanding you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines