Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback looks glitchy when working from Mac to PC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My coworker and I work on videos together. I have a PC and she has a Mac. Every time she saves a premiere file to our drive, no matter the premiere file, and I open it on my pc, the playback display looks terrible. Everything gets broken up and looks super glitchy. Everything else runs fine. I am still able to locate all files and previews, and I'm also able to export normally without it looking all messed up. But for the sake of actually editing the file, I need to know how to fix it! It's like editing blindly and it's so hard!!! Has anyone else experienced this? This is what i'm seeing...

for forums.jpgforum 2.pngforum 3.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a video driver mis-match issue.

Check the Project Settings dialog for Mercury Acceleration, as I expect if she's on Mac she's using Metal, and if you're on PC with an Nvidia card you need to use CUDA.

Also, a quick check for GPU issues is always to just set "Mercury Acceleration" to Software Only. See if you get a clean image while bypassing the GPU.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much! This fixed it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that's a problem with Intel graphics.

I recommend a 1000 series nVidia card for an edit system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines