• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse wont take vaild hyperlink

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add a hyperlink to a button on my page (for an Amazon Merch brand page) First I tried the long link straight from Amazon site. When I add the link Muse just say Nothing Found and won't add it. I then tried Bitly and created a shorter link and Muse still won't recognize it as a valid link. I did test the links and they do work from within an email. Tested with coworkers too so it is a valid link. I am able to use other links for Instagram and FB no problem. I have tried open in new window and without.

Any ideas why Muse won't take this one? Any hidden settings I need to know about.

Thanks in advance

R

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Robert,

Quite strange, that the links which works everywhere else does not work in Muse.

First I need to check if the works at my end or not.

Can you please share the link with us here for testing?

In case of privacy concerns you can share the same in a private message with me.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message".

Will take it further upon receiving the links.

Thanks!

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ankush,

I PM'd you the links

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the links Robert.

I have tried applying the link to a state button and it went through fine.

See the screen shot below for reference.

Please check if you are doing anything different and let us know if works out.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

button.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

Tried exactly what you did but still same. Tried full link and the shorter one both still say Nothing Found. I also tried another random new link and that wont work either. I can only use ones from the Recently Used drop down menu. I was able to add new links 2 days ago on other buttons but now no buttons will take a new link. I have quit and reopened Muse too.

Thanks,

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to eliminate any possible human error I just want to make sure that after putting the URL in the space you are hitting enter?

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st the link works for me on FF... test page = amazon

2nd your screenshot shows the button off canvas... that is not a valid location for such a button (link or not)

3rd (most important) the code in that link tells browsers to open as internet explorer, this is because large US enterprises i.e, Ebay, Adobe, Microsoft and Amazon like IE because it allowes all kinds of junk code to run in the background but some host servers, most phones and a few desktop users don't like IE for the exact same reason... I point this out because your screenshot shows you trying to make a 320 breakpoint

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to mention, that the breakpoint at 320 is n`t as helpfull as intended. There are no smaller devices using/showing smaller than 320.

Just use 320 as the minimum width.

All other facts are true as well, of course.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing that out. I used a template from Muse Themes as the bones for this site and they had the 320 already on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a way to change the link to not be internet explorer specific?

Thanks for everybody's help with this!!

R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines