• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10 - Hanging While Opening as User on Windows 7

Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Product: RoboHelp 10

I have setup the 64bit install of Robohelp using the application manager. After a full install, when a user trys to open Robohelp is just hangs at "intializing user data". If I right click and "Run as Administrator" and enter credentials to run as a local Administrator, it works fine. We can not have the users do this.

Is there something that is a known issue or something I am missing?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

buckstah2 wrote:

...If I right click and "Run as Administrator" and enter credentials to run as a local Administrator, it works fine. We can not have the users do this.

Are you perhaps confusing what the users of the Output created by RoboHelp will need to do with the users of the RoboHelp HTML application will need to do?

While I'm unaware of RoboHelp needing to be run as an Admin to use the editing environment, there should be no need for this to happen by average users of the output created by RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not confusing with the output 🙂

Yes, I agree that Robohelp should not need admin rights to run but currently this is what we are working with.

It hangs on Initializing User Data with a standard user account, but runs correctly if that user has administrative rights.  I ran procmon in the background and noticed a few access denieds to registry keys, but giving users full rights to those did not resolve the issue.

I also used the microsoft standard user analyzer and that was unable to resolve the issue either.

Do we know what Robohelphtml.exe is doing during Initializing User data?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some research we found that folder redirection was the culprit.  I saw robohtml.exe scanning c:\windows\csc folders over and over again through procmon while on screen it displayed "Initializing User Data".  I did some research on that directory and found out when you have folder redirection on that is where the cache stored.  I'm assuming robohelp had an issue looking for the user project files which are normally stored within My Documents because folder redirection is turned on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another possible "fix".

RH was stuck on "Initializing user data" for me, but a colleague could run RH on my computer fine. This was on wifi. After connecting to the wired network and waiting for a bit longer than normal, RH opened for me, and now has no problem when connected to wifi.

weirdest. problem. ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp