Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firewall alert: Flash player 30.0 r0 does not have a valid digital signature

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-07-10_13-30-08.jpg

Why would this release not have a valid signature? I allowed it but should I not have done so?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What source are you downloading the installer from?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary,

All Flash Player installers and files(created after installation) have a valid digital signature.  Flash Player doesn't create any file with the name "flashplayerinstaller.exe" after installation.

Please use the official site Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions to download the Flash Player.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you allowed that, you could be infected and should probably completely wipe the computer and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that isn't one of our installer filenames, and our releases would be signed.

The only place you *might* encounter a signing error is on an ancient operating system that doesn't support the current generation of digital signatures (e.g. WinXP SP2 and below), in which case, it's probably time to detach those machines from the Internet and either retire them, or treat them like air-gapped kiosks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I encountered this problem too. It appears to be a Norton bug.

The message is generated by Norton Security.
Norton AUTO-allows access if you don't reply within 60 seconds.
Shortly after seeing this message I saw another one for a Dropbox auto updater.

Searching online, I found many other app generating this error with Norton Security.

For example, this solution with Dropbox updates:
Solved:  Dropbox conflicting with Anti virus (Norton/Sophos... - Dropbox Community - 276269

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installation-and-desktop-app/Dropbox-conflicting-with-Anti-virus-Nor...

Bottom line: I'm forcing an update of Norton, have removed those firewall entries from Norton to make sure it alerts me again.

I expect the problem to resolve when Norton is updated.

Will run system scans with different tools to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines