• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

video not playing back

Participant ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up an old project, all the media is on an external HDD.

When I try to playback the sequence I only see black.

Sound is playing, video not.

When I play just the original clip from the project, it works.

When I right click the clip in the sequence I can't even 'display in project'.

Any idea on why this is happening and how I can fix it ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have to guess here, I would say that your old project used .mov Quicktime movie files that require QuickTime as a system driver for time based media.

Maybe.

Hopefully, your .mov files are now supported by Premiere Pro directly and just need a little nudge to work as expected.  For example, I've had old projects with DV-NTSC source footage that didn't have ".mov" in the filename extension.  Adding that to each filename allowed Premiere Pro to import and play the file as expected.  I've also run into .aiff audio files needing to be renamed to ".wav" for some sound files to work as they used to.

Again, this is just a guess.  Even if it's not QuickTime specific, you're probably dealing with something that changed that allows your hardware to support the picture of your source footage.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Michal S.,

Ever fix your video issue? Please let us know what happened.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines