• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile Downloads.lrdata file keeps filling up my hd

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have "store a copy of all originals" in CC and "specify location for Lightroom CC ecosystem's images" in Classic CC both unchecked.

To be clear; these are not 'mobile' images being downloaded; they are files I'm trying to upload and archive through Classic CC. It's up to a gb now. I've trashed it. it keeps rebuilding and re populating itself. I don't want to download these files that I'm uploading.

This happens when I have both Classic CC and CC open. This really is a mess.

Also, it's trying to upload the Mobile Downloads.lrdata file but it has given an error message "File is too large" In other words, the software is trying to upload the files it downloaded that I'm already uploading. Confused?

Can anyone help? This is way too complicated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonob50062202,

Sorry about the delay in our response and the problems you're facing with the sync data filling up your disk space.

Could you please take a look at this detailed article https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/disk-usage-for-sync-with-lightroom-cc.33417/​ and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ‘mobile downloads.lrdata’ file is the destination for images that are in the cloud, but not yet in Lightroom Classic for some reason. This includes photos you took in Lightroom Mobile, but also images you added to the cloud in any other way. You say you add images to the cloud to archive them. That raises the question how you are doing this. Syncing images from Lightroom Classic will not archive them; Lightroom Classic only syncs smart previews. So how do you archive these images?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the impression, owing to the opaque information available, that uploading via classic was a possibility, I know now it's previews only. I fixed my problem by uploading via cc and then deleting the files as they were downloaded, having just been uploaded. A ridiculous workflow, but there it is. I have the files backed up elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonob50062202  wrote

I was under the impression, owing to the opaque information available, that uploading via classic was a possibility, I know now it's previews only. I fixed my problem by uploading via cc and then deleting the files as they were downloaded, having just been uploaded. A ridiculous workflow, but there it is. I have the files backed up elsewhere.

There is a better workflow. First sync the images from Lightroom Classic. Ignore the fact that they will only be smart previews. After they are synced, start Lightroom CC and import the images. Lightroom CC is clever enough to understand that these are the same images as the smart previews in the cloud, so it will replace the smart previews with the originals. Lightroom Classic will then not download them again.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I did. The files are still downloaded, as they are uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonob50062202  wrote

The files are still downloaded, as they are uploaded.

Could you please explain what that means? Are you saying that Lightroom Classic now has duplicates (the original and a downloaded copy)?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC downloads the files I am uploading to it. It's my original question/complaint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonob50062202  wrote

Lightroom CC downloads the files I am uploading to it. It's my original question/complaint.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying here.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines