• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 7.4 freezes when importing photos

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom CC ver. 7.4 (but I've had this problem with the past few previous versions as well). When I try and import photos - doesn't matter if from a memory card or from a folder on my hard disk - Lightroom often freezes and have to restart it. Usually after several goes it will work but it is very frustrating. I've tried uninstalling and re -installing but that makes no difference. My operating system is Windows 10 and my video card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750. My system has 16.0GB RAM.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Iank,

We're sorry to hear about Lightroom freezing on import, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Lightroom's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Lightroom and let us know if it helps?

You may also try creating a test catalog and import a few images into it and see if it freezes or not.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Neither of those has helped.  When I attempt to import a new card, it shows on the source menu but none of the pictures are viewable in the import window and then the system freezes/ has a go slow.

Help, I now have a stack of images to edit.

Kind regards

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information Rob, could you please try creating a new user account with admin rights and test Lightroom on that account, then let us know if it helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue. Lightroom stops working when I selected import using the FOLDER on the NAVIGATION PANEL.

Detailed steps I was using (in which LR stopped working):

From NAVIGATION PANEL

Going down the panel to the FOLDER submenu

Selecting (with mouse) the down arrow to the RIGHT of FOLDER

I select to "Add Folder" in the menu that pops up. (Note: I tried all three of the options under Add Folder and none improved the situation).

Windows Explorer pops up.

I navigate to the folder on my external drive I wish to import images from.

Select the folder to import from.

LR Import window pops up.

Lightroom freezes when it is "calling" for the RAW images from this folder. The circle under the folder name doesn't spin. When I click on LR, Windows gives me a "ADOBE PHOTOSHOP LIGHTROOM CLASSIC IS NOT RESPONDING" message. I select close LR and restart it.  Clicking WAIT FOR PROGRAM TO RESPOND, doesn't do anything.  Also Multiple restarts do not solve the problem.

This has been my method of adding images to a collection for over a year.  It would appear a recent LR updated caused this method to no longer work properly. An interesting fact LR will not hang on another folder. The RAW images in that folder will load using this method.

WORK AROUND:

Use menu bar on top

Go to FILE on the top left hand menu from the Windows menu bar.

go down to IMPORT FILES AND VIDEOS and select.

Brings up IMPORT window and functions

Selected the same source folder (Note: this is the same folder mentioned from NAVIAGATION PANEL method above).

Images load from the source folder and LR blacks out the RAW files already in the collection.

For both methods the folder that has the RAW files is located on a WD Passport external drive (4TB).

Interesting that one way works and the other doesn't.  I'd prefer to add to a collection using the NAVIGATION panel method.

I am using Windows 10 as an OS.  I can give other particulars if needed.

Travis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have installed the latest update of Lightroom (version 7.5)?

If not, then install the update and try again.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe cloud service. I have the latest update that's been pushed out. This issue/problem started after the last Adobe update was pushed out and didn't exist prior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've confirmed 7.5 is installed on my system..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, and it only started after recent update. As soon as I close and restart LRCC Classic, I can Import but I have to close and restart LR if I want to repeat the import process. Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Could you please update the Lightroom version to 8.0 version via Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know if that helps.

What's new in Lightroom Classic CC 8.0: New features summary for the October 2018 release of Lightroom Classic CC

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Travis,

Thanks for this tip. I had the exact same problem, it would crash when I import the same set of raw files using the 'Create New Folder' option in the left panel.

My initial workaround was to split my photos into smaller folders, it wouldn't crash when importing 40 raw files or less - it was such a big hassle. Your workaround works like a charm and has been a lifesaver. Also using Windows 10 OS.

Regards,

Oz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines