• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create proxies to match C300MII slow motion 59.97 footage?

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with material shot slow motion 59.97 on a Canon C300MII. I have imported the mxf files and used modify>interpret footage to assume that the frame rate is 29.97. Now that material plays back in slow motion, as intended. However, when I go to create proxies of this footage, the slow motion does not carry over, which makes the proxies pretty useless for my purposes. I am used to working with Sony cameras (mainly the FS7), where the raw footage shot 60 fps comes in at that frame rate natively, so that when proxies are created, they match seamlessly with the 4k mxf files.

Any ideas on how I can use a proxy workflow with Canon mxf footage shot slo-motion?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bluefish Video,

I don't believe that is supported. You may want to render out files with the speed effect already embedded, then create your proxies.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bluefishvideo,

It's a bit late for your project, but for the sake of others like myself who find this post from a google search trying to deal with this same problem, check out the helpful post here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/Proxy-Workflow-with-Interpreted-Footage-THE-ANSWER/m-p/9...

Kevin is correct that the feature is still not "supported" by Adobe, and Premiere can't properly handle this footage without help. But the post above describes a relatively simple workflow workaround that will get you what you need. I'll paste it here just to help it proliferate:

Say you've selected one or more clips on a sequence/project, and used Modify/Interpret time to change the playback speed. Now you can create proxies, but they will be at the ORIGINIAL speed ... NOT good.

So ... from the post above, by "R_Neil_Haugen"

<<

1. In the project panel, select the clip/s that have been interpreted & need proxies to match.
  2. Right-click, "Proxies/create proxies" which will cause AME to launch.
  3. IMMEDIATELY switch to AME and stop the processing of that first proxy file.
  4. Right-click the file, select "Reset".
  5. Select that and any other files you may have sent along, right-click, "Modify/Interpret" and set to the same time-base as the original media's interpreted setting used on your timeline.
  6. Start the processing.
  7. When complete, all but that first file you stopped & reset will show as "attached", you'll need to attach that first file.
  8. Select that file that isn't attached, right-click, and 'attach proxies'.
  9. In the dialog box that pops up, navigate to the location for your proxies, select the proper file, and click "attach".

Now, you should have working proxies at the interpreted time setting.

>>

Neil also points out how important it is for us to submit feature/bug requests about things like this to help push these items to the attention of Adobe developers:

<<The issue with proxies and interpreted time-rate original media is a royal pain, I totally agree. The best way to move that up on the list is to file the feature report forms ... no, they never respond. But every bug or feature report gets filed on the collated lists that are constantly sent to all the managerial types.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

>>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines