• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restrict editing

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to secure  MANY files with restrict editing at ones .

Adobe acrobat dc

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Hi yogeshc85428368,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As per the issue description mentioned above, you want to restrict editing of several pdf files at once, is that correct?

Try the following steps:

1- Launch Acrobat>click Tools>type Action>select Action Wizard

2-Click New Action>Protection>double-click Encrypt

3- Click Specify settings>Security Method>Password Security

4- Check the box next to Restrict Editing.....>type the password>click OK>give the action a name. for ex- encrypt files

5- Once the ac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yogeshc85428368,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As per the issue description mentioned above, you want to restrict editing of several pdf files at once, is that correct?

Try the following steps:

1- Launch Acrobat>click Tools>type Action>select Action Wizard

2-Click New Action>Protection>double-click Encrypt

3- Click Specify settings>Security Method>Password Security

4- Check the box next to Restrict Editing.....>type the password>click OK>give the action a name. for ex- encrypt files

5- Once the action has been created, you will see it under Actions list in the right-hand pane

6- Click on the action and add the files you want to restrict editing for and click Start.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed these steps through Priorities and through the Action Wizard and I am still able to extract the text from the saved PDF. 

PLEASE assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Examine the security properties in detail for one of the files. What exactly is shown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Acrobat DC and was able to affect Properties to read now read

Printing and Contect Copying for Accessibility:     Allowed

Everything else:   Not Allowed

My client does not want her copy to be extracted from her files and I tried to do this in InDesign, Acrobat Pro X, Preview and now, Acrobat DC.  None of the tutorials or Adobe discussions are working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so copying is not allowed in Adobe software. Are you able to copy it with Adobe software after all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time.  From Preview to Text Edit.  Odds are I would be able to read it in Acrobat Reader and paste to Notepad on the PC as well.  Shouldn't the ability to copy the text be gone? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't open the file in Preview. It corrupts the file and might be removing the security policy. After applying the security policy in Acrobat, save the file, close it and then open it in Adobe Reader. You should not be able to extract any content from it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ā€œodds areā€œ is not a very good test of what actually happens. Like I said, you shouldnā€™t be able to copy in any Adobe software. But I donā€™t really know why youā€™d go to all that trouble when much non-Adobe software ignores it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"MVP" indeed!  Thank you!  Preview was the problem.  I tested the first file, reopened in Acrobat DC, and voila, text not copied.  I also tested it with a second file and again, it pasted the test copy and not selected from new doc.  YOU'RE THE BEST!  Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines