Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Audio and Video with Different Speeds

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recorded a video, which I knew may have a poor audio quality due to the camera mic.  To mitigate the audio issues, after filming, I had the person speak the script into an external mic and recorded it separately from the video.  I know this isn't the best way ti do it, but I had to work with the equipment I had.  The issue I am having now is since the speeds in which he spoke on the audio and video are different they aren't syncing up properly.  I tried  manually changing the speed of the video to match up, with the audio, but it is very time consuming and requires me to split the video at various points to change the speed because he did not speak at the same speed throughout.  Is there a faster way to go about this?

Thanks for any help!!

Gina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gina,

Did you resolve this issue yet? Have you tried different audio sample rate settings in Sequence > Sequence Settings?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you recorded he second audio track just from a script with no reference to the original video, your only recourse is to sync it shot by shot.  If you provide further details of exactly what you have done there may be alternative solutions, but from what you wrote originally it looks unlikely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is called Auto Dialog Replacement, or ADR, and is a very common technique in Hollywood.

You need to set things up so that your actor can see the edit with the original audio.  You play that back over and over, recording his new takes as he watches the film.  You choose the best new take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines