• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image not correct after coming back to Lightroom (until viewed 1:1)

Enthusiast ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I"m not sure how to title this, but here's what's happening.  I did screen captures so you'll see what I see.

Nikon D850 shooting a 20-image focus stack.  Take the first 10 IMAGES, export them to Helicon Focus using 'dng' as the image format, do the rendering in HF, save the output dng with a unique name, and return to Lightroom...  Looks fine.  Flowers in front are sharp, flowers in back are not.

8139-8148 10.jpg

Take the SAME SERIES, but this time export all TWENTY images, do exactly the same rendering in HF, save the output dng with a unique name and return to Lightroom.  Looks EXACTLY the same as the previous 10-image stack.  Flowers in front are sharp, but flowers in back SHOULD BE SHARP.

8139-8158 before 1-1.JPG

If I take the 20-image output and view it 1:1, it does the normal "loading" then CHANGES to the output I'm expecting to see with both the front AND back flowers sharp.

8139-8158 after 1-1.JPG

The two images have DIFFERENT names, were created in sequence so they're from different times, and they' DIFFERENT SIZES.  The 10-image stack is 167,990,154 bytes and the 20-image stack is 170,022,812 bytes.

I'm guessing it's SOMETHING I have set goofy in the preferences that's causing this, but I have no idea what.  The two images LOOK the same (with the second one being inaccurate) until I view it 1:1, after which as far as I know, it stays showing the correct image - I exited from Lightroom, started it with a different catalog, then restarted it with the original catalog and the second image still displayed correctly...

BTW:  I've even completely deleted all the files in cache between runs just to see if it was something odd there, but that didn't appear to make any difference.

Can someone tell me what's going on, and presuming it's a preference or something, what I should change?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

No, it’s definitely not a preference. Lightroom has a bug where the previews are sometimes not rendered correctly until you zoom in 1:1. It looks like this is the same bug. Adobe knows about it but has not fixed it yet.

You may want to vote 'Me too' here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lr-7-3-1-often-not-updating-rendering-in-full-res-in-develop-module

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it’s definitely not a preference. Lightroom has a bug where the previews are sometimes not rendered correctly until you zoom in 1:1. It looks like this is the same bug. Adobe knows about it but has not fixed it yet.

You may want to vote 'Me too' here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lr-7-3-1-often-not-updating-rendering-in-full...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah...  Well, at least it's just another bug, not something bizarre I was doing.  I also looked at the images in Bridge, and they appeared normal there, though that doesn't help at all with what Lightroom's doing (or not doing).

I've noticed that changes in Develop often don't show in Library, but didn't connect that to what I'm seeing...  May not be a big bug in the "inside Lightroom" world, but from out here in user land it's kind of annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course it is a big bug and I have asked Adobe again to get it fixed.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines