• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2018 Missing Codecs

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A co-working upgraded to Premiere Pro 2018 12.1.1. The upgrade blew out all of the codecs use for export. We use XDCAM EX 35 QuickTime. I have searched the web and some say it just pops back into the list after a couple of days. That does not make sense. I have looked in the version 12 preferences and the missing codecs are listed in the Preference XML's for all versions of Premiere. Other than "use another codec" is there a way to resurrect our needed codecs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Dtarrnews,

Here's what is going on: Dropped support for QuickTime 7 era formats and codecs. You'll need to transcode these files in an earlier version of Media Encoder. Sorry.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing just happened to me, ....incredibly frustrating.   The old method of importing ProVideoFormats from Apple does not seem to work anymore.   https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1396?locale=en_US

I have upgraded a few times and this is the first time upgrading Adobe blew away a very necessary part of my workflow.  Glad I exported my last project for air before I unknowingly put myself in a major bind.   I need to find a fix before Monday!

Adobe, there are MANY people that need XDCAM EX codec export  functionality.   One of the stations I support uses only that format and not having this standard with any update is ridiculous at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dtarrnews,

Here's what is going on: Dropped support for QuickTime 7 era formats and codecs. You'll need to transcode these files in an earlier version of Media Encoder. Sorry.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it,  and thank you for the response.   I already rolled back on my update.    This is a real problem and the stations I support just learned the hard way too.   Some bigger organizations have real problems when legacy systems, (codecs) are no longer supported.  I think many of us wish Adobe and Apple could learn to play in the same sand box and that major changes have a massive ripple effect in professional workflow for many people.  I am always happy when new features are added but when critical functions are removed it's extremely difficult. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are we suppose to export to H264 for the web?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue at a lot of European broadcast houses, where playout systems still only ingest XDCAM for HD footage. In our automation we rely on inhouse scripted After Effects of all of our Airlooks in production. Unfortunately we are forced to render with After Effects' built in renderer, as the scripting support for AME is inadequate for handling error scenarios.

It's extremely problematic to drop codec support prematurely - and it does strain our argument to stick to 'standard' software suites when in a world where overpriced, bulky, broadcast specifik playout systems have no real incentives to upgrade rather than sell more boxes -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just go to your iphone's settings. Then, go to Camera... In the Formats section, choose 'Most Compatible.' It will automatically record videos in H.264 format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines