Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Printing a Cropped Photo

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I just cropped a photo about 25%. When I printed out a 4x6 copy, the picture did not completely fill the photo size. Instead, the photo printed out in the center with margins on each size. I am using Photoshop Elements 18. I do not ever recall having this problem with my prior version, Photoshop Elements 13.

Please help.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Jimbobber  wrote

Hi Hatstead, I did not use my printer. I downloaded the photo to a flash drive and printed it out at a local photo kiosk. How do you save a cropped photo at 4x6?

Jimbobber,

1. Activate the crop tool.
  2. Enter the dimensions (H&W), and enter 300px/in in the resolution field
  3. Proceed to crop by dragging the crop outline to embrace what you wish to retain.
  4. When satisfied, click on the green check-mark to commit
  5. Go to File>save as and rename the file so as not to overwrite the original, and poin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jimbobber  wrote

Hi Everyone,

I just cropped a photo about 25%. When I printed out a 4x6 copy, the picture did not completely fill the photo size. Instead, the photo printed out in the center with margins on each size. I am using Photoshop Elements 18. I do not ever recall having this problem with my prior version, Photoshop Elements 13.

Please help.

Thanks

Is the photo cropped to 4x6" prior to sending it to the printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hatstead, I did not use my printer. I downloaded the photo to a flash drive and printed it out at a local photo kiosk. How do you save a cropped photo at 4x6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jimbobber  wrote

Jimbobber,

1. Activate the crop tool.
  2. Enter the dimensions (H&W), and enter 300px/in in the resolution field
  3. Proceed to crop by dragging the crop outline to embrace what you wish to retain.
  4. When satisfied, click on the green check-mark to commit
  5. Go to File>save as and rename the file so as not to overwrite the original, and point to where you wish to save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines