• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Site check please

LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I'm still on the personaltransformation.com thing but I want to take a different tack, and the threading in the previous post is making me a bit nuts!

Please use your smartphone device to browse to http://www.personaltransformation.com and tell me if you see a 3-column page.

Now browse to http://www.personaltransformation.com/index.html and tell me if you see a single column page.

Why would this make a difference, and what can I do about it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

O/K.

1st link -

iPhone 4+7, iPad 4+pro = 3 columns, (both portrait and landscape) text unreadable, (too small) in all but iPad in landscape orientation.

2nd link -

O/k, on all devices.

Note - I did not follow any links, so only links you posted checked.

Forgot to add the 2nd link is showing only code from a site built with PVII extensions, the 1st link is showing the use of framesets with the noresize attribute set, so all mobile devices will shrink the page to fit the screen. The code inside the fram

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O/K.

1st link -

iPhone 4+7, iPad 4+pro = 3 columns, (both portrait and landscape) text unreadable, (too small) in all but iPad in landscape orientation.

2nd link -

O/k, on all devices.

Note - I did not follow any links, so only links you posted checked.

Forgot to add the 2nd link is showing only code from a site built with PVII extensions, the 1st link is showing the use of framesets with the noresize attribute set, so all mobile devices will shrink the page to fit the screen. The code inside the frame using the viewport meta, and the media-queries will be ignored as the frameset is the page as far as all browsers are concerned, (mobile and desktop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add, you could use javascript to break out of frames.

I will have to look up the javascript though, which will be tommorrow, (11.30 pm here).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful - Thanks, Paula. This is exactly what I see too. How curious...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paula - that's a great observation. The second link doesn't show the frameset because you are linking DIRECTLY to the page rather than using the page as the source of a frame. I hadn't noticed this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - look at this! You put me on the right track, Paula so I added a little magic to the .htaccess file to redirect any request with no specified page to the index.html page specifically:

RewriteCond %{Request_URI} ^/$

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.html [R=302,L]

and it now works as intended! The loading page is responsive...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Murray,

If you're still interested . . .

My LG G4 smart phone shows the three columns of the desktop version running continuously in one long column. First the left "Welcome," then the middle "Meditation and Yoga Retreats," and finally the "Yoga for . . ." column.

My LG G4 tablet shows shows the same, except that instead of the menu is now a horizontal bar with the last three pages/sections under a "More . . ." heading.

Not much to contribute perhaps, but the least I can offer given how much you've endowed this forum over the years with your presence, experience, and knowledge that have allowed me to learn from you. You have been missed these past two years. Good health, long life, and much happiness in your retirement.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines