• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide cursor Photoshop CC 2018

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I updated to photoshop CC2018 and I want to know if there is an option to hide the cursor when I'm on the canvas. I'm using a Cintiq and the default cursor or cross cursor are just a bother to me. Is there a way to hide it or to set it to a 1 pixel dimension (like in other software). I was using lazy nezumi to hide it before but I updated without thinking about it.

Thanks for your time

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carce.

As there is no way to hide the cursor you can go to Photoshop's preferences > cursors and check Show Only Crosshair While Painting option and click OK.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'precision' crosshair is even more distracting than the normal or brush shape cursor.
Have a look at how AstroPad solve the issue. This software mirrors the screen to an iPad so you can work away from the desk. It has a preference option tick box labeled 'hide cursor when painting'. Surely Adobe should take the same approach....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe do have the option of 'Only Show Crosshair While Painting', so it makes it even more frustrating that they can do this but not give the option of removing it all together... What's stopping them I wonder!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CAPS LOCK get's rid of the brush outline, is that what your after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. The crosshair however is too distracting. Asingle dot or nothing at all would be much more preferable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nope, I'd like the cursor to completely dissapear or at least turn to a single pixel. It's not needed when using a cintiq.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What platform are you using?  If Windows, then Lazy Nezumi Pro can do what you ask.  The screen shot below shows the cursor leading the stroke because I have a high 'Pulled String' setting.

But this option...

...hides the cursor as the pen touches the tablet, in this case still showing the Pulled String.  I could turn that off while still having it function, but I thought it better demonstrated what was happening.

Even though Photoshop now has a brush smoothing option, and one that works 'almost' as well as Lazy Nezumi Pro, LNP is still an absolute must have for tablet and Cintiq users because of its myriad add value.  

https://lazynezumi.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Trevor. However I am an Apple user.... I've asked to be notified by LN if/when they produce a Mac version but alas, I'm still waiting. It does look great like all their products. Here's hoping.
Thanks for getting back to me with this though.. Good of ya!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lazy Nezumi don't work well on hi-dpi screens i've got the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines