• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No images visible in Import or Library

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic CC when I import RAW files I can see no images on the screen. When I import them into Library, I can see no images in the Grid View or Loupe View. When I select Develop, I can see individual images and edit them. This is driving me nuts!

What is happening and how do I fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

OK Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could mean that your preview cache is corrupted. Open the Lightroom catalog folder, and remove the 'catalogname previews.lrdata'. Place it somewhere else for the time being. Now start Lightroom. Initially, you will still not see any images, but then Lightroom will start to rebuild the cache and you should see them appear one by one.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but this was unsuccessful. If I uninstall Lightroom, restart the computer and install Lightroom again, it works the first time, but if I close it and start again, the problem returns. Quite frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have installed the latest version of Lightroom?

Do you have tried to deactivate the GPU support? -> Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

The next point can be a corrupt monitor profile. Please check -> https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

If this doesn't help we need more infos about your environment, operating system etc.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I unchecked the "Use Graphic Processor" box and the previews came back.

This is the same GPU (AMD Radeon HD7400M Series) that has been in this computer for 7 years and never had any problems until recently when I had to reinstall Windows 10.

So what now? Should I replace the GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to use this GPU with Lightroom, and it was NEVER supported by Lightroom anyway. Unless you have added a 4K or larger monitor, the "Use Graphics Processor" box should be unchecked, and you will not benefit from a newer GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is probably nothing wrong with the GPU, it's just an incompatibility between Lightroom and the driver. If you can find an update for the driver then you can try to switch it on again, otherwise just keep it turned off. It's no big deal to keep it turned off.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines