Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Visual Studio 2015 [VB] Scripting

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a number of scripts I've written in VB 5.0, targeting CS2. We're now using a mix of CS2/4 and shortly plan to move to CS6 (not CC as we have some external plugins provided by a third party and need stability).

My scripts create picture frames, populate them with EPS or pdf files, arrange them on a page and print them out for proofing and other purposes.

I've now moved to Visual Studio 2015 which I understand is not great with Indesign scripting although the basics are working for me. Can anyone point me to a resource that would help? There seems to be issues with the way paramaters are passed.

As an example:

Private Sub btnTutorial_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnTutorial.Click

Dim myIndesign As Object

Dim MyDoc As Object

Dim myTextFrame As Object

myIndesign = CreateObject("InDesign.Application")

myIndesign.DocumentPreferences.PageWidth = "80mm"

myIndesign.DocumentPreferences.PageHeight = "150mm"

myDoc = myIndesign.documents.add()

myTextFrame = MyDoc.textFrames.add()

myTextFrame.GeometricBounds("0mm", "0mm", "70mm", "60mm")

myTextFrame.Contents = "Hello World."

End Sub

This code works apart from the line referencing GeometricBounds. I've tried various formats and this method compiles successfully but when I run it I get

'Value doesn't fall within the expected range'. It looks like I'm passing something but what exactly?

Any help or directions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/john+galvin-clare  wrote

… This code works apart from the line referencing GeometricBounds. I've tried various formats and this method compiles successfully but when I run it I get

'Value doesn't fall within the expected range'. It looks like I'm passing something but what exactly?

Hi,

I'm not working with VB, just ExtendScript, so I can only guess what's going wrong with GeometricBounds.

Will it help if you assign the values as an array? GeometricBounds is no method or function. At least not in ExtendScript.

myTextFrame.GeometricBounds = [ "0mm", "0mm", "70mm", "60mm" ]

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

I've tried that in every combination I can think of but I'm getting syntax errors and it won't compile.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines