Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

syncing images between devices

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am very new to photoshop and Lightroom, I am just wondering how I backup my images and if I am able to sync my images and edit them  between my my laptop and my desktop? if I can, is some one able to talk me through this please

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Lightroom CC ā€” The cloud-based photo serviceā€‹ community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What flavor of Lightroom do you have? Lightroom Classic CC (Photographer's plan with Photoshop) or the cloud based Lightroom CC with one Tb of cloud space?

Different products need different backup strategies.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the Creative Cloud Photography plan Student and Teacher Edition (one-year)ā€Ž

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like both types of Lightroom are available to you Katie, Lightroom Classic, the traditional hard disc folder based one (photos stored locally on HD) and Lightroom CC, the new cloud based one (photos stored in the cloud).

In my opinion, Lightroom CC is easier for syncing images between devices and is simpler to use. Depending on the size of your Photo library, cloud storage costs though, can you find out how much comes with your plan?

Here are some videos that may interest you (10-13 especially):

Lightroom CC 2017 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, I think I have worked it out - have upload images to Lightroom cc and it seems to have synced with Lightroom classic - these. are on the same computer I am yet to check my laptop to see if it has gone onto there too.

thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May I suggest you some reading: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/blog/

There are great articles on Lr and the use of Lr (CC and Classic CC) and also tips how to backup data.

With a full subscription of Creative Cloud (either full paid or teachers/students edition) you have all Adobe CC programs at your disposal. So also Lr Classic CC and Lr CC. The drawback with Lr CC is that it is cloud based loading your data (original pictures) to the cloud. The advantage is, that Adobe takes care of the backup...

I, however, have around 3Tb of image data, steadily growing, so I do not use Lr CC to process my images. So I need to care about backup myself.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good. Itā€™s a bit difficult to give more advice without knowing what workflow and final outcome you are trying to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines