Copied

I've got a new Mac Pro that is running slower than any of our older iMacs

Specs are great:

running High Sierra (10.13.5)

3.5Ghz 6 core Intel Xeon E5

32GB ram

AMD FirePro d500 3072MB

500 GB SSD

When I click the InDesign button to start, it never starts in less than four minutes, usually takes longer.

Using it is a chore too, simple scrolling is slow and difficult.

Checking the activity monitor shows it as "unresponsive" during startup and periodically other times.

I've installed all updates, wiped out all preferences (though this happened from new, I've never been able to use this computer)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? Did you install it properly or did you migrate from an old computer (something you should never do with Adobe applications)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.1  - InDesign CC

Fresh install, no migration at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running other apps along with this?  With something as tricked out as your Mac Pro, it shouldn't have a slow down.  But, I do know with my work iMac which is fairly new and has alot of RAM and all that,  I have more slowdowns than I do with my 4 year old Macbook Pro that has less RAM,  mainly because my work uses proprietary apps to where we pull files from and all that, which bogs things down,  because the files we're working on themsevles are not actually on my computer, but in their cloud system.  Its frustrating. But I hope we can find a solution for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No other open apps

There are a few background programs though, DropBox and LogMeIn.

Those are common to all other computers too though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines