• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer for old version of Photoshop Elements

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying migrate from my old laptop (which is now broken) to a newer one, and I am trying to put the same software on it.

I have a copy of Elements 5 (yes, I know it's old but I'm used to it and having several work-in-progress using it) but I get a CRC error on old old installation disk. This only managed a partial installation as a result.

I tried the 5.0.2 update from your site but it says my installation is incomplete.

Is there a full version 5 installer I can download?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tonyp17615964  wrote

Is there a full version 5 installer I can download?

The installer only goes back to v.7

Download Photoshop Elements 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, and 7

It is problematic that v.5 would function on a modern operating system even if you were able to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My newer system is only Windows 7 so there shouldn't be any problems that I can think of (based on portability of other software).

I was hoping that a full version was available since there was a 5.0.2 update available. Suspecting that I might be out of luck, I even looked for a non-official copy but no one seems to have saved one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Then why can you not install via the CD?

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CD must have a damage (not visible) as it pauses with a CRC checksum error. This prevents the main part of the installation from completing but it does carry on to the next stage of installing shared files.

When I look at what has been installed, the most obvious omission is any EXE file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to get PSE 5 to run properly on Windows 10 on several computers.

It works fine on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My newer laptop is Windows 7 (I don't like 10 at all) so that's good, if I could just find a replacement installation file or CD.

What I am trying at the moment is the following -- maybe someone can tell me whether it sounds OK:-

1) I have a partial installation on the new system. Files such as EXEs files are missing. There may even be some DLLs that haven't been copied or registered properly (cannot tell).

2) I am copying all the installed files from my older system over the top of the partial installation. They're from the same CD so there should not be any compatibility problems. Of course, it doesn't mean that everything needing to be registered actually has been registered.

3) I will then go to the 5.0.2 "update" kit on the Adobe site and execute that. I am hoping that it at least sees a complete set of files, and that its update will ensure registrations are then completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don't use the disc, I don't think you will be able to set the registry entries properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines