Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Split Toning Cursor not aligning

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

As you can see from the picture that the cursor doesn't align to where the colour chooser is for the split toning function.  This is very annoying as I can't be accurate with my colour picking.  As anyone else had this problem before or know how to fix it??

Thanks heaps!

IMG_17151.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean. That small square you see is not the cursor, it's the currently selected color. The cursor is the tip of the eyedropper.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the OP means when you are using the eyedropper and hold the mouse button down the square should align with the eyedropper.  When I move the mouse quickly the square has a little lag from the eyedropper but will always end up under the eyedropper.  The OP didn't say what version of Lr this is but in the past there has been several DIFFERENT issues with the cursor not aligning with the selected tool.  I can't remember what the solutions were but I haven't seen this issue posted for quite awhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christy, which type of pointing device are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very annoying as I can't be accurate with my colour picking.

I would have thought that using the numerical sliders is a lot more accurate (and repeatable). For me, stabbing at a little color chart is too reminiscent of Pin the Tail on the Donkey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob Somrak​ Thanks for your message - it makes me feel slightly better that this is not an isolated event.  I'm using Lightroom 5.3 64-bit on windows.  If you could remember any solutions, that'd be very helpful!

Tony_See​ Just using my mouse and trackpad

elie_di​ That's true for the split toning, but I'm also having issues with the tone curve and using the ruler to get the horizon straight, so where I click my mouse is not where the ruler starts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first of all update to Lightroom 5.7.1 which is the last version of Lightroom 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this thread for a similar problem.

Re: Cursor/eyedropper location error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines